DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Handle NFZ's

Jrslaton

Reactions
I’m new don’t know much but I am having a hard time with all this nfz around me , if I knew they can prevent you from flying then I would bought me a remote control airplane, I live in the Pensacola Florida area and was just wondering how to bypass it legally

Uhh interesting question. I think a majority of us fly responsibly and not in a NFZ. A collision with manned aircraft (private, commercial and military) can cause a high level of discomfort.

Personally- I leverage the usual apps to help make my own informed decision. I don’t just depend on what DJI thinks.

Don’t forget- the faa regs apply to things that fly and that includes airplanes.

Finally- Don’t be the next person to make the news for bouncing a drone off a passenger jet. It’s bad press for the hobby.

The only places where you absolutely can't fly are where there are red or yellow circles. The rest of your area has a lot of "enhanced warning zones," which may require you to call an airport's control tower.

My experience has been that if you're a reasonable distance from the airport they generally won't have a problem with it. If you want to fly in a particular spot, look at DJI's GEO map (DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography) and see who you need to call. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Pensacola.jpg

I’m all for be lazy and not doing boring stuff... I love to speed and a proud a$$ in general. The thought of listening to a new cellie whispering sweet sweet poems late at night...

Not that my opinion matters much, reading and applying what you learn on this topic is worth it. your clearly in the minority that you came here and asked. Unfortunately idiots have created us these rules.

I’m new don’t know much but I am having a hard time with all this nfz around me , if I knew they can prevent you from flying then I would bought me a remote control airplane, I live in the Pensacola Florida area and was just wondering how to bypass it legally
Bypassing is easy, but not necessarily legal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78