DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to know if you are in FCC or EC mode

Dragonjah

Reactions
Hello, everybody.

I will share something about FCC and EC mode than i have foud and helped myself a lot.
I searched on the net how to know if my mavic pro is in FCC or EC mode (FCC if you are in the US or after dji go 4 mod on android).

I noticed than in transmission setting, if you look at the signal graph, you can see than there is two horizontal lines, one for the "~1km" and one for the "~4km".

If you are in EC mode, the "~1km" line is just under 90 dbm/mhz, so between 90 and 100dbm/mhz and the "~4km" line is between 100 and 110 dbm/mhz.

View media item 1741
In FCC mode, the "~1km" line is between 80 and 90 dbm/mhz and the "~4km" line is juste upper 100 dbm/mhz, so between 90 and 100dbm/mhz.

View media item 1742

It is subtle, but it is;)

Sorry if somebody here recognize his picture, but i found it on the net for example...

Somebody.. can u tell me how to change ec mode to fcc mode on latest firmware mavic pro?
I had try anyway but failed, but its only work on older fw..[emoji58]

Hello, it works on last firmware, but you have to use a modified dji go 4 apk (android) and when you sign in first time in the apk, put your phone in flight mode and disable gps. There is two solution than i know and have tried succefully. The "deejayeye" one or the "nolimitedronez" one. First is free, second you have to pay. If you want an patched apk... MP ;)

Yes it work on the spark and on the mavic air, but i don't see the channels on the mavic pro...

Hello, it works on last firmware, but you have to use a modified dji go 4 apk (android) and when you sign in first time in the apk, put your phone in flight mode and disable gps. There is two solution than i know and have tried succefully. The "deejayeye" one or the "nolimitedronez" one. First is free, second you have to pay. If you want an patched apk... MP ;)
U mean.. i should download apk from NLD? Then follow your step?
Which one version?

If you have nld you can use 4.1.3 or 4.1.8 or 4.1.14. Patch it. And after install it on your android phone or tablet. When you launch it for the first time you have to be in "flight mode" so without internet connection and it is better to disable gps. After sign in you can disable "flight mode" and activate gps. Thats it ;)

If you have nld you can use 4.1.3 or 4.1.8 or 4.1.14. Patch it. And after install it on your android phone or tablet. When you launch it for the first time you have to be in "flight mode" so without internet connection and it is better to disable gps. After sign in you can disable "flight mode" and activate gps. Thats it ;)
Does this apply to the Mavic Pro?

Yes i use it on my mavic pro. But it works for spark and other models.
Can you please direct me to where I can download these apps?

Also does one need to do a rollback on the firmware

I really would like to have my Mavic Pro on FCC mode (in CE region) but struggling to get clear assistance [emoji2]

Any help?

I think its gonna be way easier if you "confuse" MP by using an app like Fake Gps and make it look like is in FCC country a friend of mine did it on spark and it works perfectly .

I think its gonna be way easier if you "confuse" MP by using an app like Fake Gps and make it look like is in FCC country a friend of mine did it on spark and it works perfectly .
Does not work on the MP.... Tried it...

Hello, everybody.

I will share something about FCC and EC mode than i have foud and helped myself a lot.
I searched on the net how to know if my mavic pro is in FCC or EC mode (FCC if you are in the US or after dji go 4 mod on android).

I noticed than in transmission setting, if you look at the signal graph, you can see than there is two horizontal lines, one for the "~1km" and one for the "~4km".

If you are in EC mode, the "~1km" line is just under 90 dbm/mhz, so between 90 and 100dbm/mhz and the "~4km" line is between 100 and 110 dbm/mhz.

View media item 1741
In FCC mode, the "~1km" line is between 80 and 90 dbm/mhz and the "~4km" line is juste upper 100 dbm/mhz, so between 90 and 100dbm/mhz.

View media item 1742

Sorry if somebody here recognize his picture, but i found it on the net for example...

CE:

CE.JPG

FCC:

FCC.JPG

Just modded ios app 4.1.12 with fcc. i'm on v1.04.300 firmware on the mavic pro. not tested flight yet, just connected fine when turned on inside

Last edited:
About 3 days ago I tried a modded go 4 app I downloaded on the internet. I first opened it on android then switch to ios, no firmware rollback or rooted mavic. Had no clue if it had switched to fcc or not so I took it for a fly. I lost 2 bars on RC signal and 1 bar on fpv signal just 400m away so I went back and assumed that I faild and mavic was still in CE. I just saw your post and check my mavic, acording to what you indicate I should in Fcc now, so why my mavic drop signal bar so quickly like i’m still in CE?

Attachments

• 9F526C4A-D724-498B-AB14-F39059DF9A0D.png
    9F526C4A-D724-498B-AB14-F39059DF9A0D.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 472
Hello, everybody.

View media item 1741

View media item 1742

For your reference if you use boost mode 1,5W config file then lines appears as like CE mode. I try it my self but also i confirm it at howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info] , link

About 3 days ago I tried a modded go 4 app I downloaded on the internet. I first opened it on android then switch to ios, no firmware rollback or rooted mavic. Had no clue if it had switched to fcc or not so I took it for a fly. I lost 2 bars on RC signal and 1 bar on fpv signal just 400m away so I went back and assumed that I faild and mavic was still in CE. I just saw your post and check my mavic, acording to what you indicate I should in Fcc now, so why my mavic drop signal bar so quickly like i’m still in CE?

It won't matter what mode you are in if your out of LOS.
If you have anything of substance blocking the signal it will still drop and that level of drop depends on what is in the path. If your in LOS then FCC mode will give you a slightly better signal as you go further out. The differences in power between these modes is really not all that significant in the RF domain.

Rob

6dB?? I'd call that quite significant??

That is a 6dB increase over an already small amount of power. It's like going from one drop of water to 4 drops.

Let me put this in context, I can use my Ham Radio gear and can talk to someone 3000 miles away on 1500 Watts of power and get a signal report of S9. I can then lower the power to 100 Watts and he will typically report back an S6. That extra 1400 Watts is not making a whole lot of difference in most circumstances. I have tried 5 watts of power and the guy can still hear me just fine. The reason is the huge Antenna that I have on my property. You would be surprised at how little effect increased power can have versus a better antenna system. Just orientating the RC Antenna properly can make a huge difference and if you use external antenna systems you can make EU power levels exceed the distance obtained with FCC power levels.

Rob

Can’t see the lines as mentioned on MavicAir.
Have been told the 11 & 13 ch indication does not apply in Australia so am not sure if I’m in FCC or not.

Can’t see the lines as mentioned on MavicAir.
Have been told the 11 & 13 ch indication does not apply in Australia so am not sure if I’m in FCC or not.
If you can see channels 11 & 13 you’re in CE mode, if it only shows up to channel 10 you’re in FCC - simple really

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS