DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to make DJI GO behave on Android

elich11

Reactions
Hi,
After trying for months with several devices, I think I have a way to make almost every medium, high-end device, run DJI GO App without video shutters/ delays/ disconnects.

I managed to compress it to 2.5 min video:

Here is the text description:
1. Factory reset the device.
2. Remove Google now feed if exists.
3. Install dji go 4 app.
4. Disable battery optimization for dji go 4 app
5. And see if it works (no video shutters / disconnects, make sure you fly in wifi clean area).
6. Install the apps you need, carefully consider for every app if you really need it.
7. Disable run in background for other apps.
8. Remove all accessibility services.
9. In the app, disable video phone cache.

Before fight
1. Disable accounts sync.
2. Check memory state in the developer options, make sure you have around 700M free RAM, stop all services that are not system.
3. Stop bluetooth (If you use smartwatch it will disable its sync)

Hope it will help someone.

Eli

Hi,
After trying for months with several devices, I think I have a way to make almost every medium, high-end device, run DJI GO App without video shutters/ delays/ disconnects.

I managed to compress it to 2.5 min video:

Here is the text description:
1. Factory reset the device.
2. Remove Google now feed if exists.
3. Install dji go 4 app.
4. Disable battery optimization for dji go 4 app
5. And see if it works (no video shutters / disconnects, make sure you fly in wifi clean area).
6. Install the apps you need, carefully consider for every app if you really need it.
7. Disable run in background for other apps.
8. Remove all accessibility services.
9. In the app, disable video phone cache.

Before fight
1. Disable accounts sync.
2. Check memory state in the developer options, make sure you have around 700M free RAM, stop all services that are not system.
3. Stop bluetooth (If you use smartwatch it will disable its sync)

Hope it will help someone.

Eli
At last, someone who doesn't directly blame DJI for the the performance of the Go app!!

Reactions: elich11
At last, someone who doesn't directly blame DJI for the the performance of the Go app!!

Many have blamed DJI for that pos app since it started crapping out after 4.2.12. Most people say the damned app is too $%^&*&&&*% big.

The steps offered to correct problems are workarounds for a bloated app that chews a ton of device resources. All over FB, on DJI , and others I talk to in field we have also had problems with mini 4's not working right. Why? because the app is too big. Mini 4 touches the min requirement now. A8, 2G of ram.

Why do previous versions of the app work fine? People are going further back than 4.2.12, many before Air was added. Those that do are fine.

I think it is awesome there are people trying to create and manage workarounds. It's pathetic they have too, when the company that makes the app don't seem to give a ****. They will when all those mini 4's top working and DJI forum explodes with unsatisfied customers saying WTF now! It's already occurring. The GO4 app sucks! plain and simple. It's not anyone's device. Devices in their spec requirement should work.

Reactions: elich11 and Simmo
Agreed!!! And using the same APK, Litchi and Drone Harmony etc work fine.....
Bloody Go 4 and its bloated, secneo loaded ........crAPP!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu