DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Ovelay Property/Boundary Lines onto Drone videos?

Mercytreeforestry

Reactions
Hi. I'm brand new to the drone world. I'm a forester and wildlife consultant that deals with lots of private landowners. Many of those landowners like to have updated aerial maps of their property as often as possible. Is there anyone out there that could give me an idea of where to start learning how to overlay property lines onto video footage taken with a drone? Is there a website, or an app, that does this/explains how to do this? I've just ordered the Mavic 2 Pro that is supposed to be here on Wednesday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Many of those landowners like to have updated aerial maps of their property as often as possible. Is there anyone out there that could give me an idea of where to start learning how to overlay property lines onto video footage taken with a drone?

Onto video footage or static images? For aerial maps, you're talking about static images not video footage. Overlaying boundary lines onto moving video footage is not easy and would take far too much time/skill/expertise to accomplish. If you're speaking of static photos, that's far easier.

Onto video footage or static images? For aerial maps, you're talking about static images not video footage. Overlaying boundary lines onto moving video footage is not easy and would take far too much time/skill/expertise to accomplish. If you're speaking of static photos, that's far easier.

This is similar to what I'm referring to.

This is an effect accomplished in After Effects or Premiere Pro, etc. (or in the case of your video above - Final Cut Pro) You'd have to do work in those programs in order to create such an effect. There's no "app" for that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut