DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to put Mavic Pro into full manual mode?

Fly in metal warehouse,No GPS and NO Cell phone/Tablet connection to RC. Only can fly LOS. Now you have "FULL ATTI/Manual mode"! Better stay on your "sticks" kids, watch out for "prop wash" cause the drone will drift all over the ( Mod Removed Langage) place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fly in metal warehouse,No GPS and NO Cell phone/Tablet connection to RC. Only can fly LOS. Now you have "FULL ATTI/Manual mode"! Better stay on your "sticks" kids, watch out for "prop wash" cause the drone will drift all over the ( Mod Removed Langage) place.

Manual mode is not ATTI mode, "full ATTI mode" (whatever that is) or any other mode in which the FC is controlling stability.

Reactions: Tankertel
Now that it had been explained that "manual" mode means no stabilization at all, including height stability, the way cheap drones operate, Mavics can't do that. You will always have height stabilization. You can let go of the throttle and it will stay at that altitude. There may be some drift, but it won't plummet to the ground like the cheap ones.
Actually a lot of today's cheap ones have height stabilization, but nothing else.

Now that it had been explained that "manual" mode means no stabilization at all, including height stability, the way cheap drones operate, Mavics can't do that. You will always have height stabilization. You can let go of the throttle and it will stay at that altitude. There may be some drift, but it won't plummet to the ground like the cheap ones.
Actually a lot of today's cheap ones have height stabilization, but nothing else.

Actually you can put the Mavic into manual mode - that simply requires setting one of the g_config_control_mode fswitch selections to zero.

Reactions: Thomas B
You still aren’t understanding. If you release the throttle in manual mode the Mavic will rocket ? up into the sky. You have to hold the throttle down perfectly to get it to hover which is near impossible. In no way can you take your fingers off the sticks at any point in manual mode. If it flips it will “fly” (not just fall) straight into the ground.

Reactions: B-rye and Thomas B
Drones that I've flown that don't have altitude hold, if you let go of the throttle, it drops.
Generally speaking a quad without altitude hold does not have a centering spring on the throttle in the controller and it can be pulled all the way down and left there without holding it.
On quads with altitude hold, the throttle is centered on the controller.
The Mavics have a centered throttle so in manual mode with the throttle centered you are already at half power...

Generally speaking a quad without altitude hold does not have a centering spring on the throttle in the controller and it can be pulled all the way down and left there without holding it.
On quads with altitude hold, the throttle is centered on the controller.
The Mavics have a centered throttle so in manual mode with the throttle centered you are already at half power...
Dang beat me by 1 second

Reactions: brettbrandon
Can anybody shed any light on how I can put my Mavic into full Manual mode? Not GPS or Atti but Manual mode?
Full manual mode implies AC ascent when hand are 'off stick'...quads do not not require a collective, but a full manual quad is VERY challenging to control.

I have 35+ years of RC helicopter experiences, including 12 years of Bell, Sikorski & Aerospatiale licensure, and 8-9 years of DJI ownership.

In this modern day, why do you ask?

Unaware of the “full manual” mode you have “Been told” is available on DJI drones. You likely need another brand or to build your own.

It can be done, but it is not "pushbutton", for a very good reason.

Fswitch=0

You can map it to the sport mode switch: fswitch[1]=0(recommended)

Or to the P-GPS switch:
fswitch[2]=0
You’ll need Assistant 1.1.2 and enable debug mode

You can find more information on how to do this on start [dji.retroroms.info]

I have Assistant 1.1.2 installers saved here

Windows
Mac

My windows version comes with instructions and the file you need to switch out to enable debug mode
Do you still have Assistant 1.1.2? is it possible to get hold of the link is broken.
Thanx

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki