DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to put Mavic Pro into full manual mode?

Thanks for all your comments, sense has prevailed, and I think I am going to go and get a Hubsan 501s that "Gindra" suggested. Saves decking an expensive MP. :)

Reactions: Tankertel
Here's a YouTube video on how to do the tricks.

Excellent video.

Yes, and the best advise is to get the bird up high before attempting the flip/roll. This gives you ample (?) time to recover from what is otherwise a free fall plummet to earth.

Still no explanation as to what is meant by "manual" mode.
I can only suppose that's to mean user switchable ATTI as opposed to FC forced ATTI due to sensor errors (no GPS, compass issues, etc). Either way, it's still ATTI, just as RTH is still RTH whether engaged by user, low battery, or signal loss.

Still no explanation as to what is meant by "manual" mode.
I can only suppose that's to mean user switchable ATTI as opposed to FC forced ATTI due to sensor errors (no GPS, compass issues, etc). Either way, it's still ATTI, just as RTH is still RTH whether engaged by user, low battery, or signal loss.
Manual mode means not even Attitude hold (no self leveling). The pilot is responsible for everything including keeping the quad level.
"0" on the controller switch will give you full manual mode...

Ah OK. I wouldn't want to fly that way.
Mavics nor Phantoms have a way to disable altitude hold.
P2V does and never had the + model but bet it did also. You set it in assistant .
Added/ Couldn't t find what I was looking for quick but did find this old thread where you see them talking about it some .Manual mode attempt

Last edited:
Ah OK. I wouldn't want to fly that way.
Mavics nor Phantoms have a way to disable altitude hold.

The P2 has a three-way mode switch: P-GPS, ATTI and Manual. Manual is borderline impossible when you first try it because quadcopters are inherently unstable.

IMG_7303.gif

If you REALLY want a fully manual mode, get a racing drone or an old DJI F450 Flamewheel with the NAZA flight controller. The Flamewheel has GPS, ATTI and MANUAL modes with the flick of a switch.

Thanks for all your comments, sense has prevailed, and I think I am going to go and get a Hubsan 501s that "Gindra" suggested. Saves decking an expensive MP. :)
Glad to hear it !!! :) Cos your next post would be "Why did my MP not respond to controls" - Don't even try ATTI - not worth the cardiologists bill, let alone manual - on this control feature the MP is best left alone - the designers never considered suicide flyers in their initial brief - no points scored for joining that lot IMHO of course.

Glad to hear it !!! :) Cos your next post would be "Why did my MP not respond to controls" - Don't even try ATTI - not worth the cardiologists bill, let alone manual - on this control feature the MP is best left alone - the designers never considered suicide flyers in their initial brief - no points scored for joining that lot IMHO of course.
You said don't even try Atti, sorry to disagree with that... I would suggest that everybody tries flying in Atti mode just in case you lose GPS! I am a very experienced RC Fixed-wing and Heli Pilot and also a BMFA Qualified Instructor. One of the reasons I asked is that to get a BMFA A certificate, your drone has to be put into full manual mode hence my question... However, the BMFA has now introduced a BPC, (Basic Proficiency Certification) which is designed just for this scenario, and you can do a BPC cert if you want to go down that route, you don't have to and these tests are not mandatory, just a way of achieving your own goals.

Personally I used to use ATTI a lot with with my P2’s just to
see which way the wind was blowing at whatever altitude i
was going to fly. Not to mention was a great way to just drift
and get video yawing around or whatever.

Ok why would you want to do this?? I do Freestyle and have been flying for years ,also have both types of drones (DJI & Freestyle). The Mavic Pro "frame" is not designed to do this stuff and the camera is on a very sensitive gimbal plus it is heavy compared to Freestyle/racing drones. Yes it is good to have weight when doing Freestyle but not as much as the Mavic. The props are not good for this either, you will be definitely burning motors. By the time /crashed you get into the Mavic will be TOAST. You want to fly in this "manual mode' go to a all metal wharehouse, lose GPS, go in to ATTI mode and try it!! Let us know how it works out for you, but I already know...LOL!!!

Ok why would you want to do this?? I do Freestyle and have been flying for years ,also have both types of drones (DJI & Freestyle). The Mavic Pro "frame" is not designed to do this stuff and the camera is on a very sensitive gimbal plus it is heavy compared to Freestyle/racing drones. Yes it is good to have weight when doing Freestyle but not as much as the Mavic. The props are not good for this either, you will be definitely burning motors. By the time /crashed you get into the Mavic will be TOAST. You want to fly in this "manual mode' go to a all metal wharehouse, lose GPS, go in to ATTI mode and try it!! Let us know how it works out for you, but I already know...LOL!!!
It's a bit like asking why do people jump out of serviceable aircraft or why do people climb mountains! I asked the question because I did not know how to do it? I didn't say I was going to enter a freestyle competition. There was a genuine reason for the question and a very good reason why I wanted to do it. I wanted to do the BMFA A cert and it can only be done in Manual mode! There Endex!

Being in a metal warehouse would only achieve ATTI. You would still have altitude stability.

I will admit, user initiated ATTI wouldn't be too much concern. In that situation only flight control loses use of GPS. Map will still show position and telemetry would be accurate. RTH would also work as all those still have use of GPS. Not to mention you can select out of ATTI.
Loss of GPS, including covering the receiver, and you lose mapped position, inaccurate or missing telemetry, no availability of RTH, and no way to get back to normal mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis