Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

How to reduce shakiness when panning left to right

Reaction score
Everything else seems awesome except when I pan from left or right there is a jitter effect / shakiness going on. I am using ND16 filter with 60 shutter speed. Not sure what else I can tweak. i'm on 4k 30fps the lower res version of 4k. if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated! thanks!

Robert Mitchell

Reaction score
At 30 fps your pan needs to be very slow. Pan ridiculously slow. Only way to eliminate jitters at that fps.
If you'll notice, the best videos contain very little pans or slow ones, for that reason.

At 60 fps you can get away with it, but not 30.

BTW your shutter speed can even fall below 60, down to 30, for more smoothing but motion blur will become more pronounced.

Last edited:

El Baja

Reaction score
At 30 fps your pan needs to be very slow. Pan ridiculously slow. Only way to eliminate jitters at that fps.
If you'll notice, the best videos contain very little pans or slow ones, for that reason.

At 60 fps you can get away with it, but not 30.

BTW your shutter speed can even fall below 60, down to 30, for more smoothing but motion blur will become more pronounced.
I'm having that prob also thanks for that

Roo

Reaction score
Are you only witnessing the jitter on your PC monitor (if so, is it 4K)? Try it on a 4K TV, you might find that there's no jitter in the video, just the playback on your monitor. If you have a relatively new iPad also test on that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhvidtfeldt