DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to reduce shakiness when panning left to right

Reactions
Everything else seems awesome except when I pan from left or right there is a jitter effect / shakiness going on. I am using ND16 filter with 60 shutter speed. Not sure what else I can tweak. i'm on 4k 30fps the lower res version of 4k. if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated! thanks!

At 30 fps your pan needs to be very slow. Pan ridiculously slow. Only way to eliminate jitters at that fps.
If you'll notice, the best videos contain very little pans or slow ones, for that reason.

At 60 fps you can get away with it, but not 30.

BTW your shutter speed can even fall below 60, down to 30, for more smoothing but motion blur will become more pronounced.

Last edited:
At 30 fps your pan needs to be very slow. Pan ridiculously slow. Only way to eliminate jitters at that fps.
If you'll notice, the best videos contain very little pans or slow ones, for that reason.

At 60 fps you can get away with it, but not 30.

BTW your shutter speed can even fall below 60, down to 30, for more smoothing but motion blur will become more pronounced.
I'm having that prob also thanks for that

Are you only witnessing the jitter on your PC monitor (if so, is it 4K)? Try it on a 4K TV, you might find that there's no jitter in the video, just the playback on your monitor. If you have a relatively new iPad also test on that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS