DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to research NFZs before flying?

Fireproof

Reactions
Newbie question - I tried searching but couldn’t find an answer.

Is there a website or map to search No Fly Zones before flying?

I went to a random park today and got a Class D Zone warning. Would like to be able to research ahead of time before I pick a park, etc.

Thanks!

Thanks. So according to that map, I was in the first green “warning zone”, but outside of the next “enhanced warning zone”.

And I got a Class D Zone warning on my remote controller, but I was able to fly just fine.

What does that mean?

Here’s where I was specifically, if someone can help me out as to whether I was supposed to fly here or not, or call a control tower for notification, etc, etc. Just want to make sure I don’t fly where I’m not supposed to, etc.

Google map location:
Dropped Pin
near Fort Worth, TX
Google Maps

Can you show a screenshot from Fly Safe?

Sure. I was where it says “Trinity Park”.

If I were to click the other button that just says “Warning Zone” - then i would be in a big green circle for that.

Attachments

• 8BF9CE9B-6584-4DCE-8BFB-A8EDB5D1EFD9.jpeg
    8BF9CE9B-6584-4DCE-8BFB-A8EDB5D1EFD9.jpeg
    566.5 KB · Views: 26
Ok here is with all boxes checked. I was where the red pin is right above the I-30 highway sign.

No I didn’t search TFRs. BTW I just got the drone yesterday. First one. And this was my first time to try it out. I have a lot to learn so thanks for the help.

Attachments

• B0E1D5BF-9BFC-47B8-B688-53B6C6B4A2ED.png
    B0E1D5BF-9BFC-47B8-B688-53B6C6B4A2ED.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Ok here is with all boxes checked. I was where the red pin is right above the I-30 highway sign.

No I didn’t search TFRs. BTW I just got the drone yesterday. First one. And this was my first time to try it out. I have a lot to learn so thanks for the help.

Wow, that's quite a busy area! Personally, I wouldn't even fancy the idea of flying in such busy place. Click on each circle to find out more details. There could be military training areas that are just huge, and will give you warnings.

As long as warnings don't preclude you from flying, just dismiss them and fly with caution and common sense.

Thanks for your help. Yeah - pretty crazy. I knew I wasn’t close to an airport, so I was surprised to get any kind of warning. Then when I looked it up with your help and saw all those circles, it was pretty surprising.

Here in person - it’s a really big park with lots of space, and there were only like 3 other families here. No other drones. Etc. Pretty peaceful. Good place to practice some low altitude figure 8s and such just to get used to flying.

I’m just here for the day because my daughter is doing a couple musicals an hour away from our home, so I was using this to kill time.

Up north where I live, I don’t see near as many circles!

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ