DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Hi Guys,

I’ve been talking to dirkclod about having a how to vid / thread posted where we can help each other rollback firmware. This could be using assistant, pyduml or DUMLDore. Dirkclod is going to allow this as long as we don’t talk about modding the Mavic or changing the parameters. Admins don’t want that here and it’s their choice. Let’s man up and keep this thread specific to only rolling back firmware. If y’all get off topic and post mods and paremeters, the thread will be closed and you will have egg on your face. Don’t be the guy who gets this thread shutdown.

Main steps you need:
1. Download the Dumldore tool: GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V1.81
2. Download the firmware: dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub
3. Connect Aircraft to assistant, verify connectivity
4. Close assistant
5. Open Dumldore tool
6. backup aircraft
7. Load firmware
8. Flash firmware
9. Open assistant
10. Watch firmware finish
11. Fly!

again, links:

GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V1.81
dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub

Few points:
- if you don’t understand any of this dear god don’t try to do it
- make backup first. If backup fails, the upgrade probably will fail too
- make sure you use the right firmware
- DO NOT ASK WHAT FIRMWARE ALLOWS WHAT MODS IN MAVIC, YOU WILL GET THIS THREAD SHUTDOWN

Big props to the guys at slack, they made all this happen, they deserve much respect for the work for the community.

Please, please follow these simple rules. If you wanna talk bout mods please go to to other forums.

Dirkclod and admins thank you for allowing this post. I’m optimistic these savages can stay well behaved ;)

Ok this may help someone.
I'm on v.900 and was able to back up a copy of fw to pc.
My pc is on win7 ultimate but this only worked when I selected run as xp as administrator in compatibility mode.

Here's my next issue.
I was able to select the .700 fw I had but the pc would not acknowledge the mouse command to start the flash. I restarted and disabled antivirus/firewall but same issue. Then once I'd clicked the flash button which was then highlighted (but no action) I hit the space bar which worked.
Then the software uploaded the fw successfully as the dumlore software informed me.
However the flash procedure didn't start as the red lights didn't start blinking. The amber lights were blinking but I was worried.
The advice was to start a timer and monitor it for 15 minutes.
I waited 20 but nothing.
Dilemma was do i disconnect and trash the MP or wait further.
I connected the rc controller with no problems and all was ok only the firmware didn't work.
I can upload but not get it to start the flash.
I have correct fw and batteries full.
I tried dji assistant but it didn't show any progress.
I don't mind taking risks to help others.
I don't want to mess this thread up asking the wrong questions. [emoji26] .
Any guidance?

Reactions: jagwal and Soft7
What's going to mess up this thread is talk of changing the parameters
to change the NFZ , height restrictions and that stuff .
Nothing more , other than that you will be good .

Sparky,

As you can see from my previous post I was having pretty much the same issue. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I changed the compatibility mode to Windows 7, turned off Anti-Virus and Firewall and tried again. It seemed to do the same thing, evererything looked like it worked up until the actual flash. While waiting to see if it would start flashing I decided to hit the flash button a second time and the bird's front lights started blinking red and the flashing started and completed successfully. I went to .400 and have been flying the past few days with both DJI Go and Litchi. I'm not really sure if the second press of the flash button did it or if it just took a few minutes to start the install. Just thought I'd pass the info on to you and others.

Jerry

Reactions: Bijengum
Also I would not run it in XP comparability mode. It is made to work on Win7 and up. I have had excellent results with Win7.

You need to first make sure that you have a working copy of DJI assistant and that it can detect your drone without any issues.

Rob

I'll give it a second try then. I didn't want to hit flash again in case it corrupted the first attempt.
I'll try again later. Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I’ve been talking to dirkclod about having a how to vid / thread posted where we can help each other rollback firmware. This could be using assistant, pyduml or DUMLDore. Dirkclod is going to allow this as long as we don’t talk about modding the Mavic or changing the parameters. Admins don’t want that here and it’s their choice. Let’s man up and keep this thread specific to only rolling back firmware. If y’all get off topic and post mods and paremeters, the thread will be closed and you will have egg on your face. Don’t be the guy who gets this thread shutdown.

Main steps you need:
1. Download the Dumldore tool: GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V1.81
2. Download the firmware: dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub
3. Connect Aircraft to assistant, verify connectivity
4. Close assistant
5. Open Dumldore tool
6. backup aircraft
7. Load firmware
8. Flash firmware
9. Open assistant
10. Watch firmware finish
11. Fly!

again, links:

GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V1.81
dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub

Few points:
- if you don’t understand any of this dear god don’t try to do it
- make backup first. If backup fails, the upgrade probably will fail too
- make sure you use the right firmware
- DO NOT ASK WHAT FIRMWARE ALLOWS WHAT MODS IN MAVIC, YOU WILL GET THIS THREAD SHUTDOWN

Big props to the guys at slack, they made all this happen, they deserve much respect for the work for the community.

Please, please follow these simple rules. If you wanna talk bout mods please go to to other forums.

Dirkclod and admins thank you for allowing this post. I’m optimistic these savages can stay well behaved ;)

Hi digdat()
When I try and open the DUMLdore.zip file my virus scanner says that it detects a "Zusy" type virus and deletes the file, is that correct, is there a virus in the .zip file, what can be done.
Regards
Waqylander

There is no Virus in the zip file. It is very common for anti virus software to give false readings.

Rob

Hi digdat()
When I try and open the DUMLdore.zip file my virus scanner says that it detects a "Zusy" type virus and deletes the file, is that correct, is there a virus in the .zip file, what can be done.
Regards
Waqylander
I might be able to help on this one. I also got a Virus detection for that file. I then did a boot scan to remove all. Restarted, and since then no more problems. I dont think there are any viruses in those files. It is just something that our virus scanners pick up, very sensitive.

Antivirus software is as much of a plague as viruses themselves.

Remember they make their bread on you feeling threatened enough to continue paying them, and as that feeling will get reinforced everytime they report a false positive officially "erring on the side of caution" is good for business.

Sorry guy's for the clean up and temp locking but all good now..
carry on :)

This thread has been extremely helpful to me and I hope it continues to be so. No hacking, just want to be able to rollback firmware as we were supposed to be able to do when we purchased this product. Let's not get "baited" by posters trying to disrupt the flow, just ignore them, don't even respond. Thanks to Dirk for keeping this thread straight. This thread is and can be very important to many Mavic owners and the last thing we want is for it to get trashed.

Jerry

Thanks for this, I appreciate the capability. When I bought my Mavic a month ago, I could load .0550 firmware. I'm currently on .0900, but there is a bug with the Mavic DNG files on Mac OS that cause them to not display previews in the file browser. Version .0550 was the last version to not have this issue. I'm hoping the next firmware will fix the DNG preview issue, but if not I am glad there is a way to get back to .0550

Reactions: JtrJr
I want to thank everyone who contributed to this firmware tool post. I have been staying on 200 because of the fear of upgrading and having issues. Now that I can control my own firmware I choose to run, I upgraded my firmware on the Mavic and RC to 700. My experience was pretty uneventful except every time I switched to DJI Assistant to monitor the upgrade progress, the firmware upgrade stopped (Red lights stopped flashing and went out). The third time I just never started DJI Assistant and it eventually finished and went back to solid Red lights on the front. I did turn off my Antivirus and I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. All in all it was pretty easy to backup and upgrade to 700 from 200 on both the Mavic and RC.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to this firmware tool post. I have been staying on 200 because of the fear of upgrading and having issues. Now that I can control my own firmware I choose to run, I upgraded my firmware on the Mavic and RC to 700. My experience was pretty uneventful except every time I switched to DJI Assistant to monitor the upgrade progress, the firmware upgrade stopped (Red lights stopped flashing and went out). The third time I just never started DJI Assistant and it eventually finished and went back to solid Red lights on the front. I did turn off my Antivirus and I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. All in all it was pretty easy to backup and upgrade to 700 from 200 on both the Mavic and RC.

Glad you got the firmware you wanted. Dumldore is a pretty easy tool to use. It probably needs a better progress indicator system but other than that I found it works perfectly.

Rob

I'm getting this error after Dumldore sees the craft on Com 3?

Attachments

• dumldore.png
    dumldore.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 165
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member