DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

That is how I did it, first the Mavic then the RC. You pick which you want to do. I assume it is best to keep them on the same FW rev.

Reactions: Drone Master
I am getting this message. Using Windows 10.

Attachments

• 20170810_033023.jpg
    20170810_033023.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 143
I am getting this message. Using Windows 10.
Do you have DJI Assistant installed and working? Dumldore depends on files from DJI Assistant to work. BTW do not use the latest 2.0 version of Assistant. Find an older version.

Rob

I got it figured out. I didn't download the full zip file. And it worked just fine with assistant 2.

I just joined this site today and am waiting for my mavic pro, so excuse my ignorance, but on the subject of using an older version of the mavic firmware, I assumed the firmware updates were mandatory and when released they were required before the drone will fly? Am I wrong? As a newbie I wouldn't know which firmware was "better" and would upload the latest version when I power up the first time, unless there's a reason not to.

I am sure many others will tell you their opinion. Mine is I am not going beyond 700 unless I have a technical issue that requires it. I have had no issues what so ever till now. 800 and later firmware imposes additional restrictions on No Fly Zones (NFZ) and may not even let you take off if you are in one whether you have ATC approval or not. I believe the general feeling is let the pilot decide if it is legal and safe to fly and not DJI. Many have upgraded with no issues at all. This post is great because their is little risk because it tells you how to roll back your Firmware if you encounter an issue after upgrading FW. At this time DJI will not let you roll back more than 800.

I just joined this site today and am waiting for my mavic pro, so excuse my ignorance, but on the subject of using an older version of the mavic firmware, I assumed the firmware updates were mandatory and when released they were required before the drone will fly? Am I wrong? As a newbie I wouldn't know which firmware was "better" and would upload the latest version when I power up the first time, unless there's a reason not to.

Bernie,

I applaud you for checking out the forum even before you're receiving your Mavic. You will learn a lot from everyone on the forum. Please read the manual front to back at least twice. If you have any questions use the forum search function first as your question has most likely been answered. If not feel free to post your question.

I have many multirotor UAVs and none have been as locked down until I got the Mavic. My Solo and all my 3DR birds will fly anywhere I want and now my Mavic will too. While I agree with what DJI is trying to do on all my other birds I have the ability to adjust parameters as I see fit.

I highly recommend staying on .700 until there is a great need to upgrade and at the current time I feel there is not.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mavic. Oh and go join the Academy of Model Aeronautics

Is there a "best" FW for video quality improvements or have they not changed the video quality since launch?

bob

I assumed the firmware updates were mandatory and when released they were required before the drone will fly?
Firmware updates are optional. DJI has never forced anyone to install them.

As a newbie I wouldn't know which firmware was "better" and would upload the latest version when I power up the first time, unless there's a reason not to.
The firmware can be easily downgraded using the DJI Assistant 2 application, so there's really no need to worry about trying to get back to an older version (if you find you need to for some reason). For the older firmware versions that are not available in the DJI Assistant 2 application, you can still install them like this.

Have I missed something on the rollback?
Rolled back to 0700 on MP and rc, on my test flight I immediately got the pop-up telling me to acknowledge I am in a zone E and while flying received a message I was flying near zone D. While I was only at 80ft and airfld is about 4+ miles away. Also I am sure I placed it on on airplane mode, but can't state 100%
Both MP and RC say firmware is 0700.

Should I still be receiving this?

Have I missed something on the rollback?
Rolled back to 0700 on MP and rc, on my test flight I immediately got the pop-up telling me to acknowledge I am in a zone E and while flying received a message I was flying near zone D. While I was only at 80ft and airfld is about 4+ miles away. Also I am sure I placed it on on airplane mode, but can't state 100%
Both MP and RC say firmware is 0700.

Should I still be receiving this?

What App version are you using?

Well I just joined the forum and got a Mavic last week. I have P3S that I tried rolling back FW on in the past that was a no go. To the people who put together the Youtube video and those that made DUMLdor....Thank you.

The Mavic I bought was very very lightly used but was updated to 1.8. I got the NFZ green alert constantly I rolled just the AC back and was still getting them, I then did the RC and everything is smooth now no issues. Thank you for all the info on here.

I got my MavMount in today looking forward to getting my Pixel C mounted to the controller instead of having to prop it up somewhere.

Definite KUDOS to gigdat0 and everyone who created the rollback for the quads! Trial and error, but in the end a success and I feel a whole lot smarter!

After having rolled back the MP and RC to .0700 as stated earlier, I was still having warnings; I then reverted my Go4 app back to 4.0.7 based on Robbyg"s question to me which made me think, yet another great tutorial from gigdat0 and she's flying like a dream!

The only drawback I have found are the constant "Inconsistent firmware" messages and "required update" but having followed gigdat"s instructions, I was able to stop the automatic updates. Also a great help to fly in airplane mode!

Having been in the military for 35 years and then taken the plunge to retirement, found myself sitting and "piddling"; this drone got me up off the seat I was sharing my a** with and got me going again, only to have it restricted more and more over the past couple of months. So when I say thank you to everyone who has helped with the many questions and concerns on this site, I truly mean it! thank you.

Glad to hear you were able to fix your issues Mfgwwh, welcome to the community and good flying!

I'm getting an error. Anyone else had this?
I'm getting full connection using Assistant.
View attachment 19844
I would get that all the time. Only once did I manage to back up the files from the drone.

Looking at the ftp side of things, it seems to stall at the larger files, for some reason it would not pull them off. I never managed to solve that.

Flashing a firmware would also stall. In the end I managed to do it by opening assistant after sending the file with dumbl and then clicking retry on the update bit of the assistant, it managed to jump start it and in the end of completed the update.

Any tips on this would be much appreciated. I even tried better USB cables etc...

While I'm sure the experts on the site will have the answer, I'm sorry I do not, but wanted to share I was having problems with assistant until I logged out, for some reason when assistant linked the MP with my profile it would not allow any changes, once I logged out and re-connected the MP without my profile, I was able to complete the process. I have no idea why or if this means anything or helps at all but wanted to throw this out there.

Reactions: HSK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert