DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Where is the zip file? I only have the .exe and that might be my problem?

When you are on the Dumldore repository you will see about 14 files on the left. On the right there is a green button marked "Clone or Download". You need to press that and then a prompt will come up with a blue button at the bottom marked "Download Zip". Press that and your PC should prompt you save the file. The Zip file should end up in your download folder. Move it to your desktop and unzip it. The 14 files will end up in a folder called "Dumldore-Master" on the desktop. You then run the "Dumldore.exe" in that folder.

Rob

When you are on the Dumldore repository you will see about 14 files on the left. On the right there is a green button marked "Clone or Download". You need to press that and then a prompt will come up with a blue button at the bottom marked "Download Zip". Press that and your PC should prompt you save the file. The Zip file should end up in your download folder. Move it to your desktop and unzip it. The 14 files will end up in a folder called "Dumldore-Master" on the desktop. You then run the "Dumldore.exe" in that folder.

Rob
That was it! Thanks, Rob

Is it best to match the R/C FW with the craft FW? Or run the latest R/C FW regardless?

thx

bob

Attempting to rollback, everything went smooth until about 82% update in assistant, when I received a "download error" message. several beeps from the computer and the assistant started updating to 99%.

I have been waiting about 10 minutes now at 99% and tried connecting the RC with no luck.

I'm concerned about the error message and not sure what to do at this point?

Any recommendations please!

UPDATE:
RC connected so per the video I disconnected and reconnected, Assistant2 now stated it cannot upload firmware list.

Have I bricked my MAV!?

Last edited:
close out of assistant, power off mavic. power on mavic, connect to pc and open assistant. does the mavic connect? what does firmware say when you open that area now?

what firmware were you attempting to update to?

Closed and powered off, repowered and connected.
manic connects to assistant but assistant wont recognize any firmware and states "cannot upload firmware list"

One other note, I noticed revisiting your video, your MP tail light stayed yellow whereas mine had intermittent red flashes.

Thanks for the help dig.

sorry for more questions, are you using beta assistant or the latest? was it the 700 with root? if the mavic is connecting to the computer, thats a good sign. does the RC connect okay to the mavic (if unplugged from PC)? Does the assistant ever read the firmware version from the aircraft? Trying to assess where along the process your ac is.

Reactions: Star Lord
no the 0700 was not with root it was V01.03.0700_Mavic_dji_system.bin
RC does connect to the Mavic
before starting the rollback, Assistant read the versions from the ac
I'm not sure if your referring to assistant or DUMLdore as far as "beta or latest" , sry.

Reactions: Star Lord
are you familiar with ftp? we can get the log and see where it errored out. If it connects to assistant then dumldore should be able to connect to it and start a new update. I'd be inclined to re-do the update after re-downloading it fresh.

dig, after unplugging the MP and connecting to the RC/phone (as normal), the message to update to the latest FW came up; I allowed DJI to update back to .0900 and now the assistant recognizes the FW as normal.

Should I try the rollback again and is there something needing to be tweaked for WIN10 or a different file to be used in DUMLdore? basically did I do something wrong?

Again, all went smooth until the dji assistant said there was an error?? not sure where to go from here but greatly appreciate you taking time to assist!

Digdat0 much thanks for the assist on the rollback issues.
Re-downloaded the FW and had no issues with either the MP or RC. I'll test it out in the morning. seems the only issue checking it in the office when I linked was the message telling me I had to update, which I ignored and took a few minutes to move from ATTI to GPS.

One question remains, now that I am back in .0700, will DJI lock me down to distance and altitude?

THANKS AGAIN!

Main steps you need:
1. Download the Dumldore tool: GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V1.81
2. Download the firmware: dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub
3. Connect Aircraft to assistant, verify connectivity
4. Close assistant
5. Open Dumldore tool
6. backup aircraft
7. Load firmware
8. Flash firmware
9. Open assistant
10. Watch firmware finish
11. Fly!
At what point in the process do you update the RC?
Is it the same process as the MP?
Thx

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan