DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

digdat0

Reactions
This thread is dedicated to helping other Mavic owners rollback firmare. This was approved by the mods/admins, no talk of flight parameter mods or other software changes, just the firmware rollback.

Windows PC How-to with dumldore

MacOs How to with DroneZbreak:

Main steps you need:
1. Download the Dumldore tool
2. Download the firmware
3. Connect Aircraft to assistant, verify connectivity
4. Open dumldore / dronezbreak tool
5. Close assistant
6. backup aircraft (this step is not required)
7. Load firmware
8. Flash firmware
9. Open assistant
10. Watch firmware finish
11. Fly!

Download Links (updated 12/8/17)

Github no longer has LFS, you need to download elsewhere. Either use the DankDownloader tool (props to cs2000 for this) or here Index of /DJI-Firmware/BIN

Dumldore Tool: GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V2.00
DroneZBreak Tool: GitHub - mavicBreak/DroneZBreak: Change DJI drones flight controller parameters and flash firmwares natively on OSX

Big props to the guys at slack, they made all this happen, they deserve much respect for the work for the community.

Last edited:
Glad to see at least this bit of information getting out there again, and your videos have helped me a great deal with all sorts of things, digdat - thanks for all your hard work.

Note to others: the DUMLdore tool is slick and proven, but it doesn't work for everybody first thing. I'm one of those for whom the Mavic is invisible to DUMLdore (although it can see the controller for firmware changes) and we're still trying to figure it out and resolve the issues. My guess is it's a driver problem.

If DJI Assistant 2 can see your Mavic without any problems, DUMLdore will probably work, but if not, then probably not, at least for now. And by "work", I mean function to read or flash - it either works or it doesn't; DUMLdore doesn't go into a mode that can harm your Mavic.

Last edited:
Dig,

I'm glad the Mod's let you start this thread. I've been messing around with DUMLdore for a few days now. I'm currently on .200 and want to move to .400 or .700 but can't seem to get there. Everything works as it should, I can connect, I can get a completed backup, I can pick the .400 bin file, it goes through the flashing process and appears to copy the files but the bird doesn't actually start the install. The front light never come on and the rear light just continues to flash yellow. I'm doing the process on a Windows 10 machine and both the bird and remote batteries are fully charged. I have not attempted the RC yet as I can't get the bird to update. Any ideas?

Thanks for all of your postings, here and elsewhere and thanks to all of the other folks you mentioned for trying to provide this path.

Jerry

Reactions: digdat0
Thanks a lot enough! I have done as what you say, everything seems perfect wonderful!

Dig,

I'm glad the Mod's let you start this thread. I've been messing around with DUMLdore for a few days now. I'm currently on .200 and want to move to .400 or .700 but can't seem to get there. Everything works as it should, I can connect, I can get a completed backup, I can pick the .400 bin file, it goes through the flashing process and appears to copy the files but the bird doesn't actually start the install. The front light never come on and the rear light just continues to flash yellow. I'm doing the process on a Windows 10 machine and both the bird and remote batteries are fully charged. I have not attempted the RC yet as I can't get the bird to update. Any ideas?

Thanks for all of your postings, here and elsewhere and thanks to all of the other folks you mentioned for trying to provide this path.

Jerry
Right click on the dumldore tool and chose properties click compatibility and change to windows 7 compatible click okay. Disable your antivirus or firewall and try again. If no go wr can get the the log and examine

Glad to see at least this bit of information getting out there again, and your videos have helped me a great deal with all sorts of things, digdat - thanks for all your hard work.

Note to others: the DUMLdore tool is slick and proven, but it doesn't work for everybody first thing. I'm one of those for whom the Mavic is invisible to DUMLdore (although it can see the controller for firmware changes) and we're still trying to figure it out and resolve the issues. My guess is it's a driver problem.

If DJI Assistant 2 can see your Mavic without any problems, DUMLdore will probably work, but if not, then probably not, at least for now. And by "work", I mean function to read or flash - it either works or it doesn't; DUMLdore doesn't go into a mode that can harm your Mavic.
2nd that!:D, I have the drivers, Just need to finalize. If you guys need, just PM me.

Last edited:
A big Thank you to Clackey, TJ and Dirkclod for allowing this thread. Guys they are going out on a limb for us so please lets stick to the Topic.

Rob

I'm currently on .200 and want to move to .400 or .700 but can't seem to get there. Everything works as it should, I can connect, I can get a completed backup, I can pick the .400 bin file, it goes through the flashing process and appears to copy the files but the bird doesn't actually start the install.
Some people have had to use Assistant to upgrade to a current firmware using normal procedure, then downgrade to the version they want.

Just a word of advice. Even if your happy on your current version you should consider making a backup of your current firmware just in case you need it. The process carries no risk. It either backups or it does not. There is No chance of bricking your mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54