DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Wanted to do a FW backup to confirm that I could upload a different version (I'm on 01.04.0000).
Using DUMLdore v2.0, I failed miserably, getting backup bin file about 20kB only.

Finally found the remedy: for x32 Windows user (like me!) please follow this link:
backup firmware can't work properly · Issue #21 · jezzab/DUMLdore · GitHub

I've just completed the backup and got the following files:
AC bin: 105 MB (110,151,680 bytes)
RC bin: 133 MB (140,144,640 bytes)*

EDIT
Finally managed to grab the two "Web Bin" (RC/AC) and compared content with my "backup Bin" using Z-zip.
=> AC Bin (Web & Backup) are strictly identical
=> RC "backup bin" contains both the Web RC + Web AC bin files [hence the larger file].
Please forgive this n00b but I'm also on a x32 virtualization and:
"Copy the following 3 files from the openssl-0.9.8s-i386-win32.zip into the main folder (overwriting existing) and retry backup. openssl.exe, ssleay32.dll, and libeay32.dll.)"
What "main folder"? I just have the DUMLdore.exe 2.0 file. Do I de-compile DUMLdore somehow? (Yes I'm new to this) TIA

Last edited:
Take your time to read all threads, don't rush or you might end up making a mistake and brick your Mavic.
My advice: only do a backup, don't load/flash any firmware till you are really comfortable understanding what you are doing..and till you are familiar looking around for troubleshooting support on the web.

Take your time to read all threads, don't rush or you might end up making a mistake and brick your Mavic.
My advice: only do a backup, don't load/flash any firmware till you are really comfortable understanding what you are doing..and till you are familiar looking around for troubleshooting support on the web.
I appreciate it. I'm really taking my time - I may end up getting help from NoLimitzDrones anyway. Thanks again!

Reactions: ChrisJP
Wow! Have read all posts and head is spinning. Understand much of what I've read, but see too many combinations to get a clear picture of whether what I want is doable. I have an older Mavic Pro (Jan 2017), and stopped updating FW at v01.03.0900 on AC/RC, with 4.1.5 on GO4 and v1.0.9 on Assistant2, and everything is stable. Think I'm literate enough to slog through GitHub and ftp/flashing stuff, but will run out of gas quickly if solving errors/failures. Might have trouble with FW mixing, but think I can work through it with what I've read here. Really afraid of bricking the FC, and don't know if I trust NoLimitDronez or FlyFlyDrones to be a safer path. Am using iPad Mini4 on the RC and stopped updating iOS at 10.3.2

Will be doing real estate videography, so would use Quickshots if I could get it. Can achieve similar results flying manually if necessary. Would really like to eliminate NFZ lockouts. I enjoy the RTH feature, but could deal with non-precision landing. Don't need to fly more than 2 miles away from take-off, and just won't fly in winds that are worrisome. Don't need faster speeds than available in default modes. Good quality vids are important.

Is there a set of AC/RC firmware version or mixes, and GO4 version and Assistant2 that would give me those outcomes?

Will get started on more head spinning

Head spinning is good, we're talking about tweaking FW of a $1K thing, one wrong move and it's a $1K brick. If somebody chews this food for you and puts it in your mouth, it will be like doing a heart surgery remotely by looking at prompts on screen... and you've never even held a scalpel before. :D

Learn, learn, learn.*

* "but... but... but... it takes EFFORT!!! :(" :D

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I am seeing some misinformation on this thread. Please be careful what advice is being given, and if you aren't sure, don't tell others what to do.
Try to be as accurate as you can in helping others.
For you noobs...if you aren't sure you understand what to do, don't. Enjoy your bird first.

Head spinning is good, we're talking about tweaking FW of a $1K thing, one wrong move and it's a $1K brick. If somebody chews this food for you and puts it in your mouth, it will be like doing a heart surgery remotely by looking at prompts on screen... and you've never even held a scalpel before. :D

Learn, learn, learn.*

* "but... but... but... it takes EFFORT!!! :(" :D

good analogy. The only counterpoint is that I want to spend time using the AC rather than tinkering with it, so I only want to study enough to do it right once, then lock it down. Kinda sounds like a country western song in the making.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I am seeing some misinformation on this thread. Please be careful what advice is being given, and if you aren't sure, don't tell others what to do.
Try to be as accurate as you can in helping others.
what did you see that's incorrect? It'll be good to know the misinformation (especially if its something I have put I can edit it)

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
what did you see that's incorrect? It'll be good to know the misinformation (especially if its something I have put I can edit it)
Sorry guys...I posted in the wrong thread! I went back several pages and everything looks good. Apologies!

The only thing I would add is about backups. If you mix modules, you will not get a full backup. The only way to get a full backup is to backup after a full stock firmware flash. With the stock firmware readily available, I don't see the use for backups.

The only thing I would add is about backups. If you mix modules, you will not get a full backup. The only way to get a full backup is to backup after a full stock firmware flash. With the stock firmware readily available, I don't see the use for backups.

Yeah, I thought the same, backup was usefull for those pioneers/heroes who saved stock firmwares for others to use; making a backup now when you already have exact same file is pointless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_