DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Also I would not run it in XP comparability mode. It is made to work on Win7 and up. I have had excellent results with Win7.

You need to first make sure that you have a working copy of DJI assistant and that it can detect your drone without any issues.

Rob
I've never "updated" any of my machines beyond Win7 and am so glad I didn't. But the DJI Assistant 2 does not work for me. After logging in, I'm asked to fill in a box with a "Verification" code. DJI CS's response was to re-install the app, but nothing changed when I did so. My current versions of the app (4.1.18) and the fw (01.03.1000) are working well together so I would like to be able to back them up. Thank you.

Just tried rolling back my mavic,build date Sept 30,would not even flash,must not have sd

I finally got the Mavic to rollback to 0700 everything was great, that was last week like Monday, well last night I went to rollback the Controller however I could not get the RC 0700 to load in the DUMLdore box to flash, right before that I did backup FW to controller? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

I finally got the Mavic to rollback to 0700 everything was great, that was last week like Monday, well last night I went to rollback the Controller however I could not get the RC 0700 to load in the DUMLdore box to flash, right before that I did backup FW to controller? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
What does it / doesn't it do?
Will it select the file? Is it a *.bin file?
Does it start loading? (progress bar)
Any pop-up messages?

Reactions: Racin8de
Dumldore doesn't allow me to upload that 0700 RC file, after I backed the current RC firmware ( RC 0550 ) on the Controller up,I l clicked "load firmware" window pops open where the new firmware is located and I click on the " V01.03.0700_RC_Mavic_dji_system," but it won't go into Dumbldore window to flash.. It's a torrent file, and no popup messages. Idon't know if that matters..But I flashed the Mavic itself last week with no problems. It's weird to me at least ..thanks

Yes, I got it to work, for some reason the firmware upgrades that are torrent files won't work with DUMLdore...I found the regular bin file and it worked like a charm...I'm gonna copy seeing they are disappearing quick. Thanks again, Halloween Hamster.. Merry Christmas and I owe you one... Seriously thanks for all the help!

I also discovered in the DroneZBreak documentation that only up to Mac OS 10.12 is supported (Sierra), and my Mac is on 10.13 High Sierra. Have you considered messaging the DroneZBreak software developers to find out whether and, if so, when they are planning on updating for High Sierra? I've looked on GitHub for their email links and did not find them but would be very interested in knowing the answer.

Yes, I got it to work, for some reason the firmware upgrades that are torrent files won't work with DUMLdore...
Torrent files are not the file itself, they are "references" that need to be opened with a torrent client, which will then download the file itself.

Anyone exchange a mavic for another at a retail store after updating to latest mavic firmware? If so did you have Refresh and was it a hassle swapping the serials with DJI?

I may return/exchange mine to Costco, I didn't know about the firmware lock down :(

Anyone exchange a mavic for another at a retail store after updating to latest mavic firmware? If so did you have Refresh and was it a hassle swapping the serials with DJI?

I may return/exchange mine to Costco, I didn't know about the firmware lock down :(
If the retailer accept to exchange then that's the first step. Once you get the new AC you have tho email to DJI care refresh and give them the old AC serial, the replacement AC serial and also a copy of any exchange paperwork the retailer might have provided. It wasn't any drama for me with DJI asst at all.

Reactions: naturecannon
Is there any reason to downgrade firmware on the remote controller? As far as I can tell, no functionality changes being sought by modders (like NFZ removal, height limit removal, etc.) are stored or impacted in the RC firmware -- it is all in the drone. I've done a test flight with my drone (a Platinum) on 1.3.0400 FW and the controller still on the 1.4.0000 it shipped with, and didn't notice any problems. Is there something that might come along to bite me if I leave the RC on 1.4.0000?

Several people have reported trying to log in to the DJI Assistant app, but being blocked because the verification code (CAPTCHA) does not display. I contacted DJI support about this and they said just restart the app multiple times until it shows up. Well, 20 or so restarts later it is getting a bit tiring. Has anyone found a sure cure for getting the captcha to appear?

I've also tried setting up new accounts with different email addresses. The app lets me create the new account t, verifies the account was created successfully after sending a confirmation message to the email and I click on its link, and opens up the DJI Store web page. But still no CAPTCHA on the Assistant login.

Is there any reason to downgrade firmware on the remote controller? As far as I can tell, no functionality changes being sought by modders (like NFZ removal, height limit removal, etc.) are stored or impacted in the RC firmware -- it is all in the drone. I've done a test flight with my drone (a Platinum) on 1.3.0400 FW and the controller still on the 1.4.0000 it shipped with, and didn't notice any problems. Is there something that might come along to bite me if I leave the RC on 1.4.0000?
If you have problems, DJI will say it is because you did not have matching firmware. NO warranty for you.

I'm already well beyond having a warranty anymore. It was never very attractive in the first place due to all the reports that they send you back someone else's refurbished bird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok