DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to splice several video shots

Thanks Mulligan. Any thoughts on why my video is broken up into several shots?

Are they extremely long videos? I think that there’s a 4GB limit on file size in one of the memory card format types.

I usually use iMovie on the iPad (my viewing device) to do clippings, transitions, etc, and the Go4 editor to add a bit of stock music.
Go4 has the ability to do clipping I’m sure, haven’t used it but shouldn’t be too hard to work out.

Reactions: Thomas B
Are they extremely long videos? I think that there’s a 4GB limit on file size in one of the memory card format types.
This isn't an ExFAT vs FAT32 (or any file system format) issue although FAT32 does have a 4GB limitation. It is directly related to the MP4 file structure which is 32 bit. 2^32=4GB. The point is going to another file system won't help. What is your version of an extremely long video? You don't get long at 100mbs.

One point about using some editors.
You won't be able to do resolution above 1080.
I tried doing early 4K and couldn't do it, maybe it's the apps mentioned in post 6, or it could be the devices.

My desktop (is actually a pc laptop with ext monitor), not sure if that could do 4K editing, but then I decide a fair while ago for what I'm using the vids for (YouTube and personal viewing really), 1080 is enough for me . . . for now.
That might change when eventually all general TVs are capable of better resolution, and we upgrade that part of the home.

One point about using some editors.
You won't be able to do resolution above 1080.
I tried doing early 4K and couldn't do it, maybe it's the apps mentioned in post 6, or it could be the devices.

My desktop (is actually a pc laptop with ext monitor), not sure if that could do 4K editing, but then I decide a fair while ago for what I'm using the vids for (YouTube and personal viewing really), 1080 is enough for me . . . for now.
That might change when eventually all general TVs are capable of better resolution, and we upgrade that part of the home.
LumaFusion on IPAD will do 4K. It will even allow you to use LUT’s and has an impressive feature set for a tablet App.

I use free version of Open Shot Video Editor - if I can figure it out from watching a few youtube videos anyone can !!

Reactions: Dronage
LumaFusion on IPAD will do 4K. It will even allow you to use LUT’s and has an impressive feature set for a tablet App.

Lumafusion name comes up a lot for iPad, it always gets good feedback.
It is AUD$31 (about US$21), but probably worth it . . . although Storybooks (music subscription) cost AUD$107 (US$72) a year.
I think there is basic music included free to a point on the stand alone app ?

For interest, how much is Lumafusion on the US app stores ? (Edit - Never mind, found it and it is US$20 by the looks.)

$31 once of is not a bad deal, music would probably be worth it too for decent soundtracks, provided you were making a lot of clips a year, getting lots of use out of it.

Hey guys, just a heads up on a new Video Editing system coming out. On1 which is a great photo editing programme, will be launching a new video editing system into their offerings in November. They state it is going to be a very user friendly and easy editing system and is intended for the drone flyer market as well, so everyone interested please do a search on the net for On1 editing and see what they have for video editing coming soon. Not much info right now but they should be making a good system if their photo editing is anything to go by. I have ben using that for years as well as Photoshop.

“On a Mac, either iMovie...”

Just coming into owning a drone & one of the challenges was learning how to edit video. I choose iMovie because it was on my Mac & there are a number of tutorials. I want to learn the basics and then decide which program to use full time.
= = =
“On...”

CymurFlyer, thanks for noting the On1 release. I’m well aware of there products as a landscape photographer.

“On a Mac, either iMovie...”

Just coming into owning a drone & one of the challenges was learning how to edit video. I choose iMovie because it was on my Mac & there are a number of tutorials. I want to learn the basics and then decide which program to use full time.
= = =
“On...”

CymurFlyer, thanks for noting the On1 release. I’m well aware of there products as a landscape photographer.
And the good thing with On1 is, they create their own excellent tutorials and their programmes work on MAC and PC. I'm curious to see what price they come out with. They also say they are making every effort to make this a simple system to use, unlike most, if not all other editing systems. They want to bring easy and effortless editing to everyone, including colour grading and fitting music to the footage.

“They want to bring easy and effortless editing to everyone...”

That is the challenge! For the beginner, like with PS, there is a steep learning curve. Fortunately, folks have produced methods to make it easier (Like the Zone System.)

“They want to bring easy and effortless editing to everyone...”

That is the challenge! For the beginner, like with PS, there is a steep learning curve. Fortunately, folks have produced methods to make it easier (Like the Zone System.)
That will be the intention of On1 as well, to make editing easy for the new comer. We shall have to wait to see if they achieve that and what the price will be. I'm hoping for miracles.

It used to be that YouTube could recompile your segmented 4K video drone clips back into one video, using their editor. However, I thought I read the YT editor had been discontinued. Anyone know if it is still possible, using only YouTube tools?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3