DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to spot a drone

Casting no aspersions on the product, I doubt if they are DJI manufacture as the usual logo found on OEM props is apparently missing from these.
Doing a Google search I found THESE for the Air. They claim they are DJI but I cannot see DJI on them.

PS: Has anybody heard of that company or done business with them ?

Reactions: Bill combs
Doing a Google search I found THESE for the Air. They claim they are DJI but I cannot see DJI on them
Yes that is the manufacturer assertion, that they are “for” the DJI drone, but they do not claim DJI manufacture.

Yes that is the manufacturer assertion, that they are “for” the DJI drone, but they do not claim DJI manufacture.
Your right for some reason I was thinking they were dji but after looking at them again not so much so I thought maybe I saw it somewhere else and still no dji stamp

Attachments

• 20190919_140602.jpg
    20190919_140602.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Thomas B
Your right for some reason I was thinking they were dji but after looking at them again not so much so I thought maybe I saw it somewhere else and still no dji stamp
I can attest to the quality of these props as being well made because I would never put some cheap pos on any of my drones.

The web page states

And that is a direct link to DJI ?

Interesting.... wonder if the brand refers to the quad it’s for, and syntax of English is a problem. Anyway... no DJI logo anywhere on the site or the props which is the case for DJI retailers, and the price certainly is not in line with DJI props.
Everyone will decide for themselves... or email the seller.

Interesting.... wonder if the brand refers to the quad it’s for, and syntax of English is a problem. Anyway... no DJI logo anywhere on the site or the props which is the case for DJI retailers, and the price certainly is not in line with DJI props.
Everyone will decide for themselves... or email the seller.
I've purchased led props for a phantom 3 ph4s ph4p2.0 mp mpp m2p and have never had any issues at all,in fact the LEDs for the mps bend and feel very much like dji but the leds for ph4 if held to the light are very slightly off colored but feel the same and bend the same as dji

I've purchased led props for a phantom 3 ph4s ph4p2.0 mp mpp m2p and have never had any issues at all,in fact the LEDs for the mps bend and feel very much like dji but the leds for ph4 if held to the light are very slightly off colored but feel the same and bend the same as dji
Believe me when I say I but those props through a vigorous test before putting them on any of my drones

Reactions: Thomas B
Cool.
Not trying to say anything against LED props, just that the ones in question don’t bear the standard earmarks identifying them as DJI brand. Why would DJI have someone else sell their props and not have them on their website/webstore?
Just my $0.02

Cool.
Not trying to say anything against LED props, just that the ones in question don’t bear the standard earmarks identifying them as DJI brand. Why would DJI have someone else sell their props and not have them on their website/webstore?
Just my $0.02
Better question is why dji doesn't make them since it seems that drones aren't all their into these days.

How could I spot a drone in the night sky? Also is there a flash when they take pictures?

Thank you for your help!
Ally
I'm not aware of drone cameras having flash. Their settings for exposure are automatic, and do a great job. You would not spot a night drone except if it carries a blinker or strobe ...

On topic about the lights in the sky, you can see airplanes for great distances away under best conditions you could see one aircraft for over 30 min looking as if it's not moving.

How could I spot a drone in the night sky? Also is there a flash when they take pictures?

Thank you for your help!
Ally
In principal, drones can only be spotted if they want to be. You can build drones which are not guided by GPS (thus: jammer will fail) nor by direct rc contact(thus: jammer will fail). Theses programmed drones really are a problem for the civil society.

Luckily, all DJI drones react either on GPS jamming or RC jamming. So, you might easily add a LED lightning to your drone for spotting it yourself, although in Europe flying in the night is forbidden. In any time, your drone can be forced to land by the authorities.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme