DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to tell if my Mavic Air 1 is FCC or CE?

pavel_l

Reactions
Hi,

How can I tell what standard is my Mavic Air 1?

Please find WiFi settings snapshot and FC label attached

Attachments

• tempImageJFupYc.png
    tempImageJFupYc.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5650.PNG
    IMG_5650.PNG
    971 KB · Views: 46
...How can I tell
There you have 13 channels under the 2,4GHz band... which means that your MA1 is operating in CE mode. If FCC you would have had only 11 channels.

Also note that hardware & software wise a MA1 is the same no matter which mode it's operating in, the switch between CE & FCC is location dependent.

Reactions: MA2 317 and pavel_l
There you have 13 channels under the 2,4GHz band... which means that your MA1 is operating in CE mode. If FCC you would have had only 11 channels.

Also note that hardware & software wise a MA1 is the same no matter which mode it's operating in, the switch between CE & FCC is location dependent.

Thanks a lot,

Is there up-to-date tutorials on enabling fcc?

Also, if I fly FCC MA1 in Europe, it will cut everything to CE, that's correct?

Getting & flying FCC in CE areas is still possible with the same old GPS Spoofing app method (on Android only)... at least it was May 2022 when I tried to re-hack my own MA1 into FCC mode.

The hack is dependent on that the app you use for flying the drone is asking you if you want to change WiFi settings with a popup window in the app... unfortunately the newer versions of the DJI GO4 app only does that very unpredictable & intermittent. The trick is to use the Litchi app instead, use that just to get the possibility to change WiFi settings & then you can continue to fly with GO4 if you want... & if it possibly ask you about the WiFi settings again after making the hack just deny the change in the popup window.

Here you have the whole procedure in bullet form... just follow it & you should get your MA1 into FCC mode (and you can use whatever GPS spoofing app that suits you, the important thing is that your mobile device think's you're in USA).

Follow this post--> https://mavicpilots.com/threads/dro...with-latest-dji-go-4-app.125591/#post-1421790

Reactions: pavel_l
Getting & flying FCC in CE areas is still possible with the same old GPS Spoofing app method (on Android only)... at least it was May 2022 when I tried to re-hack my own MA1 into FCC mode.

The hack is dependent on that the app you use for flying the drone is asking you if you want to change WiFi settings with a popup window in the app... unfortunately the newer versions of the DJI GO4 app only does that very unpredictable & intermittent. The trick is to use the Litchi app instead, use that just to get the possibility to change WiFi settings & then you can continue to fly with GO4 if you want... & if it possibly ask you about the WiFi settings again after making the hack just deny the change in the popup window.

Here you have the whole procedure in bullet form... just follow it & you should get your MA1 into FCC mode (and you can use whatever GPS spoofing app that suits you, the important thing is that your mobile device think's you're in USA).

Follow this post--> https://mavicpilots.com/threads/dro...with-latest-dji-go-4-app.125591/#post-1421790
Thanks!

Any chance I can use iPhone after hack?

And in case drone will fly away, will I still be able to find it using coordinates?? Or they forever would be fake?

Thanks!

Any chance I can use iPhone after hack?

And in case drone will fly away, will I still be able to find it using coordinates?? Or they forever would be fake?
You can use a iPhone after doing the hack... the reason for a Android is that you can't use GPS spoofing apps on iPhones.

The GPS (position) spoofing is only temporary & a method to get up that popup window you need to change the WiFi setting. If you for instance instead visited USA (FCC area) you would get the popup once there & starting up your drone... if you accept the change you would be flying with FCC allowed signal strength & then when you come home (to a CE area) you once again get that popup & now you decline the WiFi setting change ... and you would continue to fly with FCC signal strength. The GPS spoofing just simulates a physical location change to a FCC area.

Nothing of this will affect the map view in the GO4 app, coordinates/flight paths recorded in the flight log, coordinates for the HP or the RTH functionality... this as you only uses GPS spoofing to get the chance to get up that WiFi setting popup, once switched over you deactivate the spoofing (from point 8. in the link I attached earlier).

You can use a iPhone after doing the hack... the reason for a Android is that you can't use GPS spoofing apps on iPhones.

The GPS (position) spoofing is only temporary & a method to get up that popup window you need to change the WiFi setting. If you for instance instead visited USA (FCC area) you would get the popup once there & starting up your drone... if you accept the change you would be flying with FCC allowed signal strength & then when you come home (to a CE area) you once again get that popup & now you decline the WiFi setting change ... and you would continue to fly with FCC signal strength. The GPS spoofing just simulates a physical location change to a FCC area.

Nothing of this will affect the map view in the GO4 app, coordinates/flight paths recorded in the flight log, coordinates for the HP or the RTH functionality... this as you only uses GPS spoofing to get the chance to get up that WiFi setting popup, once switched over you deactivate the spoofing (from point 8. in the link I attached earlier).
Thanks a lot,

Is there any way I can use PC with drone connected instead of Android device?

Can't imagine that... the device that runs the flight app (DJI GO4 or Litchi) needs to be thinking that it's in a FCC area. If the present Wifi settings is on CE signal strength & the app gets info that "you" are in a FCC area it will/should give you that popup window where you can change.

Can't imagine that... the device that runs the flight app (DJI GO4 or Litchi) needs to be thinking that it's in a FCC area. If the present Wifi settings is on CE signal strength & the app gets info that "you" are in a FCC area it will/should give you that popup window where you can change.
For some reason Litchi App crashes on Android phones I tried to install. It just give black screen and that's it.
Could you please share where did you download it and the version?
Thanks.

For some reason Litchi App crashes on Android phones I tried to install. It just give black screen and that's it.
Could you please share where did you download it and the version?
Thanks.
Bought & downloaded Litchi from Google Play... have the latest version there, running fine on my Samsung Galaxy S20+ & S8 & S8 Tab.

Bought & downloaded Litchi from Google Play... have the latest version there, running fine on my Samsung Galaxy S20+ & S8 & S8 Tab.
But I also could do this without Litchi, right?
Just using GO4. It should give an warning about country settings also.
BTW, does firmware affects this?
Please find mine attached

Attachments

• IMG_5649.PNG
    IMG_5649.PNG
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 13
But I also could do this without Litchi, right? Just using GO4....
It should but doesn't ... read post #4, that's why I use Litchi instead just that time when I want to get up that dialog window.

BTW, does firmware affects this?
Please find mine attached
The latest firmware for the Mavic Air was released a long time ago, 2019 I believe... nothing newer than what you have has been released. The only thing that differs from what I have is that I have v4.3.54 for the DJI GO 4 app... & you seems to have v4.3.40.

Is there up-to-date tutorials on enabling fcc?
Download a fake GPS app on your phone.
Load the map in the fake GPS app, once loaded, minimize the app. Make sure DJI Go4 isn't in your recent apps and isn't running in the background.

Now go to an area without cell and GPS coverage, put your phone in airplane mode, disable GPS.
Important: Just turning on airplane mode and disabling GPS isn't enough, the DJI app will still know where you are, so it is important to be in a place without cell coverage and without GPS.
open fake GPS, place the marker on any area in the US, then press the play or start button to start faking your location.
Turn on your drone and remote, open the DJI Go4 app. It will say that the region has changed and will ask you if you want to change the signal preferences, or something like that, click Ok or (Yes). Power down the drone, controller, and turn off airplane mode and turn on GPS. Turn off Fake GPS as well.

Now when you power on the drone next time and open the DJI Go4 app it will ask again to change the region settings, simply click Cancel every time it asks you.

Download a fake GPS app on your phone.
Load the map in the fake GPS app, once loaded, minimize the app. Make sure DJI Go4 isn't in your recent apps and isn't running in the background.

Now go to an area without cell and GPS coverage, put your phone in airplane mode, disable GPS.
Important: Just turning on airplane mode and disabling GPS isn't enough, the DJI app will still know where you are, so it is important to be in a place without cell coverage and without GPS.
open fake GPS, place the marker on any area in the US, then press the play or start button to start faking your location.
Turn on your drone and remote, open the DJI Go4 app. It will say that the region has changed and will ask you if you want to change the signal preferences, or something like that, click Ok or (Yes). Power down the drone, controller, and turn off airplane mode and turn on GPS. Turn off Fake GPS as well.

Now when you power on the drone next time and open the DJI Go4 app it will ask again to change the region settings, simply click Cancel every time it asks you.
It should but doesn't ... read post #4, that's why I use Litchi instead just that time when I want to get up that dialog window.

The latest firmware for the Mavic Air was released a long time ago, 2019 I believe... nothing newer than what you have has been released. The only thing that differs from what I have is that I have v4.3.54 for the DJI GO 4 app... & you seems to have v4.3.40.

Thanks guys,

I found another method that I would like to share.

This one is simple, requires no Android. You need iOS device with GO4 and Mac with XCode, you will spoof GPS on your iOS device.

Worked for iPhone 7 with iOS 15.2

Attachments

• IMG_6259.PNG
    IMG_6259.PNG
    415.2 KB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member