DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to tell my wife when you purchase something

1)Take her to best buy.
2) Leave her down stairs in the home appliances section, (blenders/Juicers/Toasters.)
3) Run upstairs and buy a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. (They will have it waiting behind the counter when you go to the cashier.
4) Go back downstairs and find your wife. (She will need your help deciding which toaster to get.) (Get the bigger one)
5) Go to the cashier to pay. when you hand them your credit card, mumble that there is something in behind the counter that you are to pick up.
6) Pay and leave. (With your wife, her toaster and your drone.)
7) The wife (if she will even notice), will ask you what is in the small box. You tell her its nothing and that you think you are really going to enjoy making toast in that great big toaster you bought her. Plan on stopping off at the supermarket to buy bread.
Didn't work for me. maybe you will have better luck. (I kept the drone anyway.)

My wife and I are building a new house. She said, we ought to get a drone to document the construction process. That was all I needed, a little research, a few clicks...a Mavic Mini on the way. A month later, I just *had to* complement it with a Mavic Air 2, you know, for those more windy days. They actually make a very capable combo for my new-found aerial photography!
Good for you to get your drone. Now forget about recording the construction progress. Nobody wants to see that one later on - been there, done that ... Just enjoy the drone!

1)Take her to best buy.
2) Leave her down stairs in the home appliances section, (blenders/Juicers/Toasters.)
3) Run upstairs and buy a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. (They will have it waiting behind the counter when you go to the cashier.
4) Go back downstairs and find your wife. (She will need your help deciding which toaster to get.) (Get the bigger one)
5) Go to the cashier to pay. when you hand them your credit card, mumble that there is something in behind the counter that you are to pick up.
7) The wife (if she will even notice), will ask you what is in the small box. You tell her its nothing and that you think you are really going to enjoy making toast in that great big toaster you bought her. Plan on stopping off at the supermarket to buy bread.
My wife indicates that it's going to take something more in the way of a "major appliance" and maybe even her own drone. Just sayin'

In my hobbies. Metal detecting, fly fishing, collecting weber grills and drones. I use the technique that I am trading up. Lol I will sell ones im not using and say it barely cost me a thing lol but its usually double what I sold it for hehehehhehe lol

Reactions: SoonerDrone1
1)Take her to best buy.

That seems like an awful lot of work. You would probably have caught the same amount of *****. If you would have bought it right in front of her. [emoji41]

Speaking as the wife, and the drone pilot...
We have a lot of respect for one another in our marriage - 32 years and still going. We talk about our desires with each other, and like one poster said - we actually enable each other's hobbies. We have a lot of hobbies in common, but whether it's something shared or it's something for one person's hobby - we try to be supportive and understanding and do what we can to make the other person's dream come true. And we do it within the constraints of our budget and lifestyle... and in the end - we both feel so lucky and grateful and happy. Eventually it evens out a bit - there is some sense of "well, the spouse has been so supportive when I wanted to get X... and he's really craving Y." But that feeling of generosity is just that - not simply "he got this so I get to buy that."
Partnership and respect makes it work best!

Can I move in with you guys?

• Haha
Reactions: zeusfl
  • Love
Reactions: Drgnfli
After read some concerns from many people here in the forum when they purchase something expensive I decide open this thread since I guess will be very beneficial and healthy for us to keep surviving on earth.
How do you tell your wife when you purchase a new drone or something expensive.

Me personally because I purchase in Amazon a lot I tend to hide the purchase by Archiving utility in amazon. Now, when I have no way to hide something I just say I pay the house, bills and everything is up to date and this is my hobby... period.
Now I will like to hear most advanced techniques from you guys. This can be very interesting.

I tend to hide with stuff more than $300.00

How about you guys ?
Baaah. I don't have hide Squat.
I just create a fake invoice saying I got a hell of a good deal on my mavic 2 pro drone saying that its refurbished etc and I show her everything :D: :D and I show her the invoice.

Also for hidden purchases, I have a separate Amazon account so need to archive :D :D :D

Reactions: Wilbur
I would never purchase such an inessential item without my wife knowing beforehand... but, I guess that's just me.

I've convinced my wife Amazon UK are always sending the incorrect item such as ordering a new vacuum cleaner and getting a bloody Mavic Mini, can't go to post office to return because of CV19, she feels sorry for me because she can see how upset I am not getting a new Dyson.

• Haha
Reactions: zeusfl
I took the easy road and stayed single. I come and go when I want, buy what I want, and overall a very happy guy.

Reactions: tjpearson
Most of the time I try to hide things from my wife just to avoid having to give explanations she wouldn't understand, for example she never really noticed my various VR headsets from Oculus, all 4 previous headsets were black and looked quite similar to a layman. Only recently she noticed my new but white colored Oculus Quest 2 and asked if it was a new toy. I said yes, I had to finally upgrade after all those years with my good old Oculus Rift ;-)

She immediately noticed the upgrade from MA1 to MA2 though and asked if it was really necessary? I made a quick calculation and showed her that she spends 50 bucks every two weeks on her nails, that's 1200 bucks a year, that's a new dji drone every year. Nuff said!

I hate when she says, "you have a drone already, why you need more drones". Or when she calls "Toys" the drones.
Well... anyway in the end she says, it's your money and is true. She just supports me even when she does not understand why.

After read some concerns from many people here in the forum when they purchase something expensive I decide open this thread since I guess will be very beneficial and healthy for us to keep surviving on earth.
How do you tell your wife when you purchase a new drone or something expensive.

Me personally because I purchase in Amazon a lot I tend to hide the purchase by Archiving utility in amazon. Now, when I have no way to hide something I just say I pay the house, bills and everything is up to date and this is my hobby... period.
Now I will like to hear most advanced techniques from you guys. This can be very interesting.

I tend to hide with stuff more than $300.00

How about you guys ?
I was very lucky and somehow getting the Drone was my WIFE's idea. She knew I was interested in both flying and photography and knew I'd LOOKED at some drones, so she sprung an announcement to me that she was going to get me a drone for my birthday, but wanted me to look at the model she was choosing. My b-day is the end of the year, and I live in the Northeast, not a lot of nice flying weather that time of the year, so I said, let me research it a bit. Well, time went on, I was busy getting back to work over the holidays, and I'd delayed my research until March when the lockdowns started, and I thought, what a great idea to get a drone NOW and do some exploring while I can't otherwise travel around (I didn't know at this point about VLOS and was fantasying GPS guided flights to my nearby friends (3.5 miles away), lol). But, I've been into photography since I was 6, so good photographic (and video) quality was a priority. I settled in on the Mavic 2 Pro, though I almost went with the Air 2, which became an option in April, but I stayed with the 2 Pro and I'm VERY happy (though I just had my first crash, I just posted about it here, but I have a Care Refresh and it's still working, just not optimally, so I'll get it replaced after the autumn photo season).

This was a fun read through. My wife and I have no bills. We were in debt for so long that when we recovered we said, "Never again" and kept that promise. We are both retired and I encourage my wife to buy whatever she wants. She encourages me to do the same. We discuss purchases only if it has to do with very expensive purchases, like vehicles. Life is good I am blessed.

Once Covid 'kicked butt' around us planning to go anywhere soon (NOT), both of us kinda had to re-invent ourselves as to what we 'can' or 'might' do. The drone(s) I've bought kinda fill the vacancy and she's happy that I'm busy with some hobby ...outside of the house. She likes doing puzzles but, on the price side, I have to say I'm the more expensive hobbiest. Everybody's content and that's what counts.

Now with the Mini 2 the problems continues. LOL I need to read completely the thread to get ready !!

This is therapy !!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr