DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to turn all lights off?

The ent version has the ability, as it's designed to be used in 'inclement zones' I.E War zones, hostile zones, crowd control etc etc etc. That's why it can go stealth, for the exact reason of stealth, making it a harder target to shoot down etc.

As for the M2's there's no 'real' reason to have a stealthy drone for 99.9% of stuff, but if you do want it, then black tape is the best/simplest way to go. Obviously means a manual on/off process so not a perfect solution, but hey.

I can think of another reason: when you are filming with more than one camera, say a video camera on the ground and a drone getting aerial footage of the same scene (for later editing together), and you don't want the ground camera to see the drone lights in it's footage.

Or how about this one (see below, not my photo, shot by 'Manny Teh' as posted on Facebook) or of the other examples you may gave seen of halos around objects shot at night, where you want only your own lights to show in the photo (in this case they were LumeCubes mounted on a Mavic and pointed at the fixed camera location while the drone rotated in orbit mode). Having any of the leg-lights on for this shot would have ruined it, so the photographer either had an Enterprise version or used black tape:

Reactions: mnix and charlas
And having marker lights on the drone you fly attracts thieves??
Potentially I suppose, but it might be better bait for the bored 15 to 25 year old spliff and alcohol induced donut racers of which there are plenty in every town.. The words I dread hearing... Hey.! He's gotta drone... Here mate, give us a go... Aww go on....
Re the security question.. This is a triumph of quality intelligence leading nowhere near the truth... Neither the paramilitaries nor the security forces would be at all interested in where dronage flies his little helicopter thing.. There's plenty of them about..!

The Enterprise was designed to turn off all lights with the intended use by 1st Responder's under specific circumstances. The Mavic Pro was prior to this and did not have this intended function. The front lights on the Mavic Pro have the ability to be turned off for the above purpose of not effecting photos and videos.

There is an ability to change settings in DJI assistant and there may be a setting change that allows you to turn off all lights. However, as mentioned above. If you are flying in the areas mentioned above. Not only will flying without lights make you a possible target for the criminal element, it could make you a possible target for law enforcement, military, etc, as your actions of flying without lights could cause them to think you are of the criminal element trying to avoid them.

If you do succeed to find a way to turn off all your lights, you might talk to your local authority to see if you can coordinate your flights so they know who and where you are.

Sound like your just in a difficult position. Maybe look for a safe place you can travel to for your flying.

Fly Safe!

Probably the best answer to everyone asking why he wants them off is very simple. He owns the drone and he does not want the lights on. Beyond that simple reason it's not your business. If you disagree with a question or scenario posted by a pilot skip it and move on.

DJI must have thought of several to include it in the Enterprise version.

I can think of one reason where I recently needed it. I was flying indoors at night and I didn't want the flashing of the rear lights ruining my video as the flash of the lights bounced off all the walls and could be seen in the video.

But, I ask again, how does this discussion help to get the OP's question answered?
I have used a Polar Pro Katana, that is not used with flight. It provides a hand held mount on the Mavic to shoot video stabilized with the gimbal. Indoors or out the rear light will cause madness to the operator. Tape was the only solution I found.

Reactions: Chris32817
I can think of another reason: when you are filming with more than one camera, say a video camera on the ground and a drone getting aerial footage of the same scene (for later editing together), and you don't want the ground camera to see the drone lights in it's footage.

Or how about this one (see below, not my photo, shot by 'Manny Teh' as posted on Facebook) or of the other examples you may gave seen of halos around objects shot at night, where you want only your own lights to show in the photo (in this case they were LumeCubes mounted on a Mavic and pointed at the fixed camera location while the drone rotated in orbit mode). Having any of the leg-lights on for this shot would have ruined it, so the photographer either had an Enterprise version or used black tape:

View attachment 76891
This is pretty cool. Perhaps you could ask how this was done, if not Photo shopped. Orbit is a horizontal maneuver, these rings are vertical. The biggest circle looks nearly perfect.

This is pretty cool. Perhaps you could ask how this was done, if not Photo shopped. Orbit is a horizontal maneuver, these rings are vertical. The biggest circle looks nearly perfect.
That's just the perspective - the rings are horizontal, flown at 3 different altitudes (plus one point at the bottom).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman