DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy from Utah

dajain

Reactions
Hello Y'all. My name is Dave and I have been tinkering with cheaper drones for a few years now and decided to buy a DJI Mavic Mini after getting tired of poor videos and pictures.

I'm just a hobbyist and have no plans on doing anything commercially with a drone so I think the Mini will be right up my ally.

If anyone wants to check out drone footage of my backyard, go to Youtube and look up "Lake Powell Drone Footage" and you will see first hand why I would like to get better videos. I live in the middle of some pretty amazing (getting to be world known also) countryside.

Look forward to any tips or tricks for the Mini, but I'll go to that forum for that. For now, Howdy! :D

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Please keep in mind that Lake Powell is located in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, which is administered by the National Park Service. They may consider it to part of the National Park System.

I live 66 miles from it. They have a sign at the gate specifically saying drone flying is prohibited.
That's funny.
Look on Youtube and search "Lake Powell Drone" and you'll see that law isn't followed very well. There are dozens of great footage of the lake on the site.
Plus, with a lake the size of Powell and only a handful of NPS boats and rangers, it would have to be wrong place at the wrong time to get caught.

Reactions: old man mavic
I live 66 miles from it. They have a sign at the gate specifically saying drone flying is prohibited.
That's funny.
Look on Youtube and search "Lake Powell Drone" and you'll see that law isn't followed very well. There are dozens of great footage of the lake on the site.
Plus, with a lake the size of Powell and only a handful of NPS boats and rangers, it would have to be wrong place at the wrong time to get caught.
or you could just not risk it you don't want to be the one that does

Reactions: dajain
Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. You live in a beautiful part of the country! Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Mini.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello Y'all. My name is Dave and I have been tinkering with cheaper drones for a few years now and decided to buy a DJI Mavic Mini after getting tired of poor videos and pictures.

I'm just a hobbyist and have no plans on doing anything commercially with a drone so I think the Mini will be right up my ally.

If anyone wants to check out drone footage of my backyard, go to Youtube and look up "Lake Powell Drone Footage" and you will see first hand why I would like to get better videos. I live in the middle of some pretty amazing (getting to be world known also) countryside.

Look forward to any tips or tricks for the Mini, but I'll go to that forum for that. For now, Howdy! :D
I see Utah as being camera drone Heaven.

I see Utah as being camera drone Heaven.

That it is. Even staying away from NPS controlled land we are spoiled with an almost unlimited supply of locations to fly and photograph. Red rock deserts in the south, mountain lakes and forests in the north. So many interesting landmarks to explore. If you don’t live here, you owe it to yourself to at least come visit.

D8DBEC27-5BE2-4807-AEDC-561401D35AE4.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. Ask questions, get involved, you will find plenty of advice and assistance here. We look forward to seeing your view of the world. Wish you well in your flying.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO