DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy

Ditchdoc

Reactions
Got my MA2 about a week ago. Studied, researched, learned for a couple of weeks. Flown it twice now from the driveway in front of my house. Nervously checking out launching, landing, taking a few photos etc.

Got the fly more package, added a 128GB micro SD, a foam fitted hard case, FAA reg, insurance. Smartphone is a Samsung S20 Ultra.

So far, no crashes and pretty excited about flying. Still learning of course, my skills and to trust the drone. Took it to 200 ft for a look see. Kinda scary to me for it to be so far away but that is part of the deal.

Interested in honing my flying skills. Guess I equate to RC aircraft that fly by a few feet off the ground at high speeds. That was always exciting to me. Buzzed my street for short distances a few times. So far, its been fun.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi Ditchdoc Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Air 2 manual HERE
You want an SD card that is U3 for 4K
Most of all have FUN

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Got my MA2 about a week ago. Studied, researched, learned for a couple of weeks. Flown it twice now from the driveway in front of my house. Nervously checking out launching, landing, taking a few photos etc.

Got the fly more package, added a 128GB micro SD, a foam fitted hard case, FAA reg, insurance. Smartphone is a Samsung S20 Ultra.

So far, no crashes and pretty excited about flying. Still learning of course, my skills and to trust the drone. Took it to 200 ft for a look see. Kinda scary to me for it to be so far away but that is part of the deal.

Interested in honing my flying skills. Guess I equate to RC aircraft that fly by a few feet off the ground at high speeds. That was always exciting to me. Buzzed my street for short distances a few times. So far, its been fun.
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! I fly the MA1 and when I came out of "Beginner Mode" that was one of the scariest moments for me. Happy and safe flying!

Hello from the Crossroads of America Ditchdoc.

Buzzed my street for short distances a few times. So far, its been fun.

Me too.

I call it periscoping. :D

Pop up, take a look around the neighborhood, and come back down from the neighborhood crime watch patrol.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome from Western NC - Macon County.

Best place to learn to fly is a huge open space - not in a neighborhood. With that space, you can play with the drone a lot more and get used to the movements and how the sticks work in all 3 modes.

400 ft does seem high and depending on sky - the drone can seem to disappear. Some put skins on to give them a better Visual Line of Sight.

Keep practicing at every opportunity to get the "feel" for flying. It does take some time, esp for us old timers who were never gamer types. Yet, it is so fun and quite "butt-clenching" sometimes too. I fly waterfalls mostly and that racks the nerves pretty good.

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone.

I have a couple of planned trips over Easter weekend. One near the Dismal Swamp south of Norfolk Va and another to the family farm near Lumberton NC. Both have some open spaces and family members I think will enjoy watching a 'fly-by'. I might even get a decent photo or two.

Thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to spending a bit of time here and sharing.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998