DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huawei Mediapad M5 tablet 8

March

Reactions
Hope this works, trying to post a short clip of a screen grab taken on a Huawei Mediapad M5 which replaced a Lenovo tab3 which became unusable after updates to the Go4 app late last year.
If it shouldn't be posted here or contravenes any rules please remove.
Thanks, marc

Reactions: n30c0r73x and Sew
Hope this works, trying to post a short clip of a screen grab taken on a Huawei Mediapad M5 which replaced a Lenovo tab3 which became unusable after updates to the Go4 app late last year.
If it shouldn't be posted here or contravenes any rules please remove.
Thanks, marc
So a few months later, how are you finding the tablet now? Still positive?

Hi, the tablet is still working well with no obvious lag or latency. The video is caching to the tablet the photos are not, I can find them in the DJI Go4 app so it maybe to do with the route of the cache, I don't know. Picture quality remains good, in bright sunlight you need a hood, and the size of this tablet means you can't buy a perfect fit. I haven't been able to find one. For the money I am still happy with the tablet.

Hi, the tablet is still working well with no obvious lag or latency. The video is caching to the tablet the photos are not.

Thats a DJI Go bug they introduced in Android the beginning of the year and haven't bothered trying to fix since so its not a tablet issue. Happens on most (all most likely) Android devices.
You can prove its a Go4 issue by using a version from the end of last year - it works then.

Thats a DJI Go bug they introduced in Android the beginning of the year and haven't bothered trying to fix since so its not a tablet issue. Happens on most (all most likely) Android devices.
You can prove its a Go4 issue by using a version from the end of last year - it works then.
I

GnirtS
I have been using an m5 8 for most of this year and I was very happy with it. I even made a holder that supports the m5 just in front of the controller.

I got busy a couple of months ago and did not fly the Mavic pro for a while. I wanted to fly a couple of weeks ago and I could not connect. I tried different cables with no luck. I reloaded the go4 app and it worked. When I went to fly the next day I could not connect. I can use my Galaxy5 but the screen is too small for my aging eyes and the screen is much worse in sunlight.

Tonight I powered up the Mavic with the Galaxy just fine. Using the same cable I plugged it into the m5 with no luck.
II assum that one of my settings is wrong but I cannot find it.

You've tried removing Go4 completely ?
Or as a diagnostic factory resetting the tablet?

I'd be trying an older version of Go4 as well they broke a lot recently.

Thank you gnirtS for your suggestion. I reset the tablet back to factory settings and deleted the firmware. I do not know why Dji makes it as difficult to upload the firmware as they do but I failed to upload an older version and accepted the latest version.

With what I call determination, ignorance and infinite fiddling, I got it loaded and connected and had a short flight. I did not have the tracking map. Now that I have made it work I plan on getting an older version loaded and back to my normal settings.

Hi,does this fit into the arms of the RC like the Ipad Mini 4 or is just just slightly too big please and needs a tablet mount?

I've looked at the specs and see it's slightly bigger than the iPad Mini 4 so guessing it's very close if it does fit:

Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4:
212.6 x 124.8 x 7.3 mm (8.37 x 4.91 x 0.29 in)

iPad Mini 4:
203.2 x 134.8 x 6.1 mm (8.0 x 5.31 x 0.24 in)

Basically I bought an iPad Mini 4 cellular which is a tight fit but the wife now wants that as it's gold and shiny and she only has an original iPad Mini.

With thanks in advance

Looks the same as my Mediapad M3 dimensions wise which "fits" right on the edge. Such a tight fit i was worried about snapping the arms and the pressure actually rolled off the glass screen protector.
I'd get a table holder.

Reactions: reverend
It needs a tablet mount, It will fit Portrait, but that isn't really suitable, landscape it is just too big.WIN_20180909_11_33_02_Pro.jpg WIN_20180909_11_33_31_Pro.jpg

Reactions: reverend
Thank you both for that - I was using a Samsung Galaxy S8+ before which was great and flawless so far, but fancied a bit more screen estate for my eyesight hence the iPad Mini 4 but can see from the wife's comments that I'll be losing that :)

The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 seems like it could be another option at 200.2 x 120.3 x 7.9 mm (7.88 x 4.74 x 0.31 in) but the extra thickness of that could be even more of an issue than with the M5 in the arms so again would probably need a tablet holder. Like the Ipad it seems Xiaomi have only put GPS in the LTE model of that one.

It sounds like a tablet holder is in my future now - thanks again Thumbswayup

Here is my tablet holder, the thing I like about this one is, the tablet, or phone mounts behind and above the controllerWIN_20180909_11_59_44_Pro.jpg

VooDooZG The M5 films at 1080@30fpm so I don't see it being an issue. At this point I must stress I am still on the MP1 and not sure if there is any benefit in upgrading. For me it is pure fun only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu