DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huntsville Alabama

Can anyone tell me a good place to fly a drone near Huntsville Alabama?
Howdy from Wyoming @Beau W , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I'm in Huntsville...what types of places are you looking for? There are several parks out in Owens Cross Roads where I fly. There are two unmanned grass airfields nearby, but I called the owners and they didn't have any problems with me flying. There are parks in New Hope totally outside of any airfield 5 mile radius, and Ditto Landing is outside of any airfield radius. Since I live on the southeast side, I haven't flown in any other areas of town. I have also flown in some public lands north of Scottsboro. Download the AirMap app and look for places that aren't within 5 miles of an airport and you should be fine, or just call the owners of the unmanned airports, and you should be fine, too.

That's if the wind would stop blowing 30 MPH for just one single day...

If you don't mind taking a little trip, there is Bucks Pocket state park which is about an hour from huntsville. It used to be a campground, but was closed down due to funding. Its still open to the public, just cant camp, and there is no one manning the buildings anymore. I did some range tests out there as there is basically no interference. My battery runs out before i get a weak signal.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome Aboard! And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had here so take your time reading :) And don't be afraid to ask for help at anytime. Enjoy.

I’ll second that Murphy Hill is down by Buck’s Pocket and it’s a great place to fly. It’s owned by TVA and there are no airports down there. It’s about an hour or so away, but it’s pretty with some big, open fields.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Look for local flyers here - Southeast USA

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

I am from Huntsville and new to this hobby. I would like to meet up with fellow Mavic folks to learn more about flight and photography. Let me know what places you run across that are good flight spots with great scenery. Thanks!

Reactions: TR Ganey

Welcome and Congrats on your purchase!

Reactions: M2P-Firefly

We'll add you to the list since space limited to 20 individuals. Bring your drone.

I'm trying to add you to the conversation for people coming to training but the "invite" button has disappeared and none of us can figure it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh