DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hype lapse Mode Issue

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So, with my air 2 I had always assumed (because I never missed a shot I wanted) that as long as you were in the brackets it would do its stabilization using outside the brackets but not cut into the image in the brackets.

Tonight, with my Air2s I had set up a great sunset hyperlapse right after this picture dji_export_1658972186006-01.jpeg

Well I put the brackets just a little below the ground here so I would get the sun setting and dropping behind it.

This is what the drone gave me back
The worst part is, i didn't have the setting on to save the individual shots in the hyperlapse so I could not even go back and correct it... Darn!

I think, I am just gona start using the timer function and at least I can shoot above 1080p and just stabilize in davinci like i have done in the past...bummer.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Use the grid pattern on your screen, align the bottom line to the horizon or a little below. It works great.

that's what im talking about..... I did I was in the brackets for what I wanted( and a little below)... I have never had this happen before with the air2... this is the air2s... just trying to figure it out.

It is like it needed way more image to stabilize into the brackets.

Don't use those those. Use the bottom horizontal line. Go no more than halfway between that and the one you did use.

One other thing, look up the "rule of thirds". It will help with composition.
No disrespect at all and I appreciate your advice, but my issues is the frame and brackets of the automated hyperlapse stabilization happening in my video above. I aligned in the way that has worked in the past (for air2) for this feature but it did not perform like I have seen before for air2s and I lost a video/shot I really wanted. (my fault for not having it saving the individual photos so I could just do it myself in settings).

really wondering if something has changed or this or is a bug.

No, you were using the right bracket lines. I've found that if it's windy at all it steals a little away from those brackets to accomplish it's motion correction, so those brackets are rather optimistic at best.

Reactions: VenomXts
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter