DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse stills missing?

Rastus

Reactions
I made a hyperlapse recently. The processed file was on my card but the individual stills were not there. Is there a setting to keep the stills that I might have changed? Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks

I made a hyperlapse recently. The processed file was on my card but the individual stills were not there. Is there a setting to keep the stills that I might have changed? Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
I think it’s just how it works when the vid is synthesized from all the stills. You can grab clear ones from any video editor.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
There is a DJI Go setting for this, in the gear icon for the camera settings, to keep the stills from Hyperlapse sequences.

You can chose between JPG and DNG. [edit: not sure on this one, but there is the setting for saving the stills]

Edit: I would not bother to take hyperlapses if they didn't have the option to keep the stills so I could do my own processing later. Also, I believe the video produced in-aircraft is limited to 1080 (not 4K). I believe there is also a setting to keep the stills for panoramas as well.

Chris

Last edited:
Excellent. That’s what I needed to know. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Why DJI decided on 25fps is beyond me.

Excellent. That’s what I needed to know. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Why DJI decided on 25fps is beyond me.
Yeah, but that is just the math. You can plug in whatever time you want to get the frames that will you will need. So if you need 300 frames for a 10 second video you will create in post at ~30fps, then you will need to specify more time in the DJI dialog.

One weird thing about Hyperlapse DNGs though -- they're a slightly different size than a regular still DNG.
  • Still DNG from M2P photo mode: 5464 x 3640
  • Still DNG from M2P hyperlapse: 5568 x 3648
Another weird DNG conundrum...

I'm not positive about this, but the stills you get from saving DNGs for Panorama may not be the full size (might be 1080).

Cheers, Chris

It has to do with DJI Image processing. The edges of the image are more severely distorted than the center part in the raw image. DJI processes these raw images to reduce this distortion before creating the output images.

It has to do with DJI Image processing. The edges of the image are more severely distorted than the center part in the raw image. DJI processes these raw images to reduce this distortion before creating the output images.

[difference in DNG sizes]

Ah, right -- I remember now. Hyperlapse processing does image stabilization — which results in cropping each frame after analyzing the sequence — so it uses the entire sensor for each hyperlapse capture knowing it's going to crop them.

At least, I remember the conversation (probably in these forums), but this shouldn't be taken as fact without some testing (which I think I'm going to do).

Chris

Once you've turned on the 'save images from Hyprlapse' toggle as suggested above, the images appear in a 'Hyperlapse' folder, not the usual 'DNG' folder, on your microSD card.

As mentioned, the synthesised video, created by the DJIGo app, is only 1080. You can get a full 4K hyper-lapse using the images saved to disk.

This guys vid tells you evverything you need to know:

Reactions: deltamike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne