DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I almost lost my drone, after climbing 1400m

Status
Not open for further replies.

grinna

Reactions
This was the maximum altitude I achieved with my MAvic Pro 1400m, after changing the flight parameters in debufg, but I confess that it was in the limte because I tried to enable the Sport mode to descend faster, and I could not because I was very nervous and I was not finding the option on DJI GO. The result almost can not land, I arrived with the drone on land with 1% of battery, I swear I started to sweat cold, the legs began to tremble. It was a horrible experience.

Detail after 1000m the RC did not mark more, only the DJI GO.
Screenshot_20180511-154313.jpg Screenshot_20180511-154547.jpg Screenshot_20180511-155001.jpg

Reactions: LaaLaa and METIOR
u can also change the assend and decend in sport and gps mode also in debug. i changed mine in gps mode only, it makes a big difference and i didnt go the whole way, stock is 10 dronebreakz recemended 20 and i went with 15. i like it where it is, now, but be carefeul she drops fast at low altitiudes too,,,,,,,

1453 meters up and battery 35%.. wow your so so cool man lets take a second to imaging you didnt get signal . it went off course and fell from that height hit somebody and did serious damage .. hmmm !!!! you would of made the news and started the drone police off on another rant ..

sorry man thats just idiotic and actually wish ya had of lost it to be fair

To be fair, I think it's actually both. You gave to enable alternate flight modes or something like that in the go app before the switch works.

Reactions: Redleg and w4t3r
Before you do something with potentially disastrous consequences, take a few minutes to contemplate . . . "Is this a good idea?".
pregnant1.gif

Reactions: bobj151
Well this is not the first time you have seen that here is it Ray .
I think not and I can pretty much tell ya it won't be the last .:)

Reactions: Irish-apple
Did you not start with a full battery? I have flown over a mile high, which is higher than you went, and made it back with plenty of battery. I can't remember how much but I want to say like 70% or something like that.

Well this is not the first time you have seen that here is it Ray .
I think not and I can pretty much tell ya it won't be the last .:)
I know. That's why I am refraining for making further comments. I think next time we see this sort of posts, everyone should just give a :rolleyes: and move on.

I know. That's why I am refraining for making further comments. I think next time we see this sort of posts, everyone should just give a :rolleyes: and move on.
Exactly. It's not like it will stop anyone from doing it. We've all seen the PSAs about drunk driving, racing, speeding, not wearing seatbelts, etc. and even the aftermath from such things. It certainly doesn't stop it. I see no difference here, and there isn't really much "aftermath material" for drone incidents to try to prove a point either.

Exactly. It's not like it will stop anyone from doing it. We've all seen the PSAs about drunk driving, racing, speeding, not wearing seatbelts, etc. and even the aftermath from such things. It certainly doesn't stop it. I see no difference here, and there isn't really much "aftermath material" for drone incidents to try to prove a point either.
Right. So we shouldn't encourage it by giving likes or make too many comments on the post (for or against the behaviour). Some people post stuff for clicks and reactions.

Reactions: bobj151
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78