DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am on the Fence

I am literate with the computer. No issues there. Just don’t care for the tech difficulties if the apps are poorly coded, etc.

As far as how often I will use it. I am a avid photography enthusiast and plan to used it to enhance my interest in photography.

I am also a photographer and the MP is a great unit for another perspective, this thing is magic, I have done every update as it comes out and never had a problem, just think about it would a company like DJI put out stuff that would damage a drone I don't think they would, open that box and get in the air you will be happy with your MP. I got my Mavic just before Christmas 16 had t now 12 months

I wish I could make $1400 impulse purchases just like that and sit on the fence with an expensive box in hands. I always sit on the fence BEFORE making that $$$ click.*

* with the exception of $49 Wunderphone, which I ordered sight unseen, instantly, since I thought the deal will be gone any second
Are you currently using the $40 Wunderphone? Mine is lost in the mail but seriously wondering if it may be better than the Galaxy S7 Edge. No real complaints with the S7, just an impulse buy for the Wunderphone & I am curious how it works with the Mavic

Are you currently using the $40 Wunderphone? Mine is lost in the mail but seriously wondering if it may be better than the Galaxy S7 Edge. No real complaints with the S7, just an impulse buy for the Wunderphone & I am curious how it works with the Mavic

It works wunderfully. Fullhearted recommendation.

Reactions: Rnl
Have had a MP since September (present from hubby) very interested in photography & now I'm an addict.Fly every day & sometimes 3 or 4 times a day.Not a huge cost for that much pleasure....all updates done with very few problems & most of them are new user error

I received my Mavic Pro yesterday and still haven’t opened the package. I read post about people have difficulty updating firmware or the DJIgo4 app crashing on the IPhone during flight....

I keep thinking $1400 is a lot to spend and deal with problems like this..... It may be just me, but I am trying to decide if I really want this thing or not....

JWW
Had my MVP a few months now. 73yo computer literate and keen photographer.
Have taken every software and firmware update. No problems. MVP flys perfectly. Taking some time to learn photograpy and flying techniques. BUT like you have been influenced by all the reported dramas. Lost confidence. Just got to get out there and fly it!

I have had my Mavic for 12 months and had no issues updating via the GO4 app and issues flying etc.

I had one of the early Mavic's that had the issue with the compass warning when flying in sports mode although this NEVER actually affected any of my flights.

DJI just exchanged it for a new Mavic and my replacement has had no issues at all.

I have a samsung galaxy s7 edge and my partner has an iphone 7. She likes to fly as well so we've put the DJI GO4 app on both our phones. When you FIRST boot up the drone and the app...etc...there was quite a lengthy firmware update (took about 20ish minutes at home with wifi) that we BOTH had to do, but since then we just update firmware as it recommends and have never had a problem. In fact the only disconnect we've ever had while flying happened on my phone, the android - her iPhone has never had a problem.

If you're a keen amateur photographer and interested in having a drone in your kit, you literally could not have chosen a better drone. For me (also amateur photographer) portability and reliability is everything....although there are bigger and better drones out there, there is literally NOTHING that compares to the Mavic's portability. I've flown with friends who have phantom 3's and 4's and met a guy randomly who was flying an inspire1, and although those are nice....they are transported in a backpack all to themselves. I hand launch and hand catch my mavic now with ease, then fold it up, chuck the gimble guards on the drone and the thumbstick guards on my controller (literally 80 cents on ebay), I chuck it in my photography backpack which is also carrying my DSLR and a couple lenses.....and i'm on my way.

It's so amazing......IFFFF you like drones and love to fly

Had the MVP a few months. 73yo computer literate and keen photographer. Have taken every software and firmware update. Mavic flys perfectly. Taking some time to perfect photography and learn all the amazing flying options. BUT have read all the dramas and lost confidence. Just got to get out there and fly it!
Using Samung Galaxy S5 android mobile phone. A bit hard to see in sunlight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet