DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am selling my Mavic Pro and DJI Assistant 2 says it does not support it so i can't reset to factory

Ikeman

Reactions
I am trying to sell my DJI Mavic Pro. When I connect it to my MacBook, the DJI Assistant 2 it says it does not support it. I've tried everything. Do I really need to reset it to factory, or do i just hand it over the way it is to the buyer? I just don't want to be responsible if the buyer damages anything. Also do i need to do anything with my FAA number?

I am trying to sell my DJI Mavic Pro. When I connect it to my MacBook, the DJI Assistant 2 it says it does not support it. I've tried everything. Do I really need to reset it to factory, or do i just hand it over the way it is to the buyer? I just don't want to be responsible if the buyer damages anything. Also do i need to do anything with my FAA number?
Remove your FAA number.

The correct version of Assistant 2 for the Mavic Pro on Mac is Assistant 2 1.2.4 found here

The correct version for Mavic Pro on Windows is Assistant 2 1.2.5 and found here

(Edit: Post corrected to reflect that the OP was asking for the Mac version. I also kept the link and clarified the information for the PC version which is slightly different)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: brett8883
dont worry just clear the SD card if you are giving it with the drone, as soon as the seller logs onto GJI to register the drone he will not see your flight records, and if you are going to be having another DJI drone your flight records will still be visible to you in the app, and on air data if you use it

dont worry just clear the SD card if you are giving it with the drone, as soon as the seller logs onto GJI to register the drone he will not see your flight records, and if you are going to be having another DJI drone your flight records will still be visible to you in the app, and on air data if you use it

OK thanks......the correct version of the DJI Assistant app worked.........as far as my FAA number would i keep that if i plan on getting another drone or do i have to get a whole new number?

Reactions: old man mavic
Well I'm an idiot.....i WAS using the wrong version, and found the correct version for Mac.......Thanks Brett for opening my weary eyes!!
Ah forgot you said Mac so actually it’s Assistant 2 1.2.4 and found here but sounds like you already figured that out

Edited my first post to include correct information for both Mac and PC

OK thanks......the correct version of the DJI Assistant app worked.........as far as my FAA number would i keep that if i plan on getting another drone or do i have to get a whole new number?
if you are just recreational you can carry on using the same number till it is due for renewal

Here is a link where you can get the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 app (for both Windows and Mac).

For the Mac, the current version is v2.0.12. Functionally, it may be the same as v1.2.4 referenced above for the older (original) Mavic PRO, but I am not sure of that. I would recommend you get the latest version of the App (unless someone with a Mavic PRO disagrees, since I have a Mavic 2 Zoom).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki