DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I bought one, did you?

Ordered a white FMC.
First drone. I have wanted a mavic pro since it was released but never pulled the trigger. I was almost going to get one in the boxing day sales but glad I waited.
Looking forward to getting it.

Where are people seeing their ship dates?

Reactions: Former Member
Disappointed.

I was hoping for one of these:

1.) Piggie Smalls
2.) Hogwarts
3.) Oinkers
4.) Porkeypine

OR my favorite:

5.) Hamlet

Those are all pretty good. Unfortunately, my grandson picked Porkchop and I'd hate to disappoint him.

I got the Black Fly More. Then kinda wished I got the red one. Now not sure I should have gotten one at all based on the info you guys are mentioning. That's what I get for not waiting until the end of the livestream - but I didn't want to be the last person to get it again.

Anyone further along than this?
Did you pay by PayPal? I think mine took a while last time because of that so I used CC this time.

I got the Black Fly More. Then kinda wished I got the red one. Now not sure I should have gotten one at all based on the info you guys are mentioning. That's what I get for not waiting until the end of the livestream - but I didn't want to be the last person to get it again.

Did you pay by PayPal? I think mine took a while last time because of that so I used CC this time.

Visa. But from what I understand nobody is further than that.

And all of this may be moot because I'm this close to canceling anyway because WiFi blows and it makes me more annoyed as every second goes by.

Thrust to weight ratio too low, won't bind to my Taranis, does not support Betaflight or even acro/air mode, not a carbon fiber frame.
And here I thought I kicked my DJI habit.:confused:

Red Fly More Combo paid with PayPal and received a payment confirmed email.

I’m on the fence between the air and the Mavic Pro.
This would be my first DJI drone coming from a XIRO explore.
Any suggestions on steering me the right way would be appreciated.
You'll quickly outgrow the Wifi communications I think, even though they say 2.5mi. I just don't believe their range claim, as they have been wrong in the past. Ocu-Sync is the bomb, solid 3-4mi range. That's what you want IMO, you won't outgrow MP for range, and you get way more flight time. If you can afford it, get the Mavic Pro Platinum.

Reactions: mascot
I'm in no hurry... especially after the fiasco that was the MP release little more than one year ago. That was a dismal, agonizing mess. I hope DJI learned their lesson with the MP release and are better prepared for the Mavic Air release. I'll be keeping my eye on the shipping progress though.

Sorry if I missed this from previous posts but:

CAN THE AIR CONTROLLER HANDLE iPAD MINI 4?

You'll quickly outgrow the Wifi communications I think, even though they say 2.5mi. I just don't believe their range claim, as they have been wrong in the past. Ocu-Sync is the bomb, solid 3-4mi range. That's what you want IMO, you won't outgrow MP for range, and you get way more flight time. If you can afford it, get the Mavic Pro Platinum.

Granted one comm is better than the other, it doesn't mean everyone needs or warts that kind of range. I'm a beginner pilot and fly for fun. I am terrified when even trying to test the limits of my Mavic. I don't know that I want my $1000 4 miles away from me. Is 2 miles away any better...no. Just my .2

Reactions: mascot and philh24
New guy here. Was about to buy a MPP a couple of days ago then saw all of the anticipation over what might be on Jan 23rd so i waited and purchased the Black Onyx Fly more. This is my first DJI product.

Reactions: Ramboat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J