DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I crashed, I have a question.

Back motor arm is fine... It's the body portion that holds the arm in position when unfolded that has a hairline crack... The template is for a gusset to laminate on top of the cracked support surface. Gusset will be 1/16" Lexan, epoxy cemented to the support surface. I'll make two, one for each side. Alternative is a new body shell that would have the same poorly engineered support for the rear arms when extended...

The part that you're bonding your repair doubler to is part of the leg assembly. It's not attached to the body at all. The upper shell just overlaps it along the body line. Here are a few pictures I've come across on this forum (not mine) that show the joint disassembled. It serves as a stop for upward rotation of the rear leg and as a fairing.

Reactions: Steve R
Thank you!! Looks like I was wrong... Think I'll revisit my repair plan, an perhaps simply replace the right rear arm assembly.
Can't be too difficult to disassemble, then re-assemble.... Thanks again!

You will have to do some soldering though, I don't think those wires unplug.

Air Pug... Here is the photo of the template I've made for my repair... Duplicate on each side. Cutting from 1/16 high strength plexi next

Thanks for the visual, but looks like you won't proceed with your plan. So far I've flown the MP some more and so far so good! No movement from the plastic lip with the super glue I put on it, so I think I'll just leave things as they are for me.

Back arm w/motor is $50 max, replace it.

I thought that plastic lip was part of the lower body, but after looking into the replacement part and the other posts on here I realized it is not. That's a cheap replacement...thanks for the info!

I'm reconsidering adding the doubler. Replacing the rear arm is obviously the correct way to repair the MP. However, my "crash" was a minimal event, with the MP falling about 15 feet into tall grass as I watched... It "landed" with the rear in a downward position and the rear arm support cracked. To me, I think this is a weak point in the design, and my added doubler will provide more strength than the original, IMO. Might go ahead and do this anyway as I can always go back and replace the arm if necessary.

Looks like you didn’t locked in GPS prior to launching your drone which caused the drone to fly unsteadily. From what you shared looks like to be scratches. But if you see something that is not right, you should go and get it checked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat