DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini I CRASHED MY DRONE! Why you shouldnt fly over moving streams/water.

1. He lost his drone but still has the recorded footage (in 2.7K) ?
2. He has convinced himself the downward sensors caused this crash, so everyone who disagrees is wrong.
3. For 'some reason' the flightlogs of this particular flight do not exist ?

That's why I LOVE my Air2. I do a lot of over water flying (rivers / creeks) and waterfalls. Seen a lot of issues with flying too low over water as well.

Esp when doing video, I can add some digital zoom in and keep the drone higher and still get the same video as skimming the water. Narrow spaces are notorious for limbs hanging out and snagging drones and guess what - when you're far enough away and can't see those limbs via VLOS - then flying the drone into them can happen in an instant. It is a hazard those of us who fly in such conditions learn to deal with or fly above all that with some zoom and less likely to ditch in the water. Yes, pics don't do that with zoom, but you can always correct the altitude to a lower setting for pics versus flying along for video.

Being a senior citizen, I don't have the great hand to eye coordination nor the game playing skills that many younger drone pilots have, so they can push the envelope much farther than I can. That's okay - I'm pretty satisfied with my results and love flying and "keeping" my drone - whereas friends have lost numerous ones as they pushed the boundaries too far for that1 ft over the water at high speed run or right on a waterfall.

We live and learn by our mistakes. Chalk this up to a learning experience, get another drone nd keep flying. Refresh or insurance helps with the cost pain some.
Very polite concise comment '58
Vintage '56 here ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest