DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini I CRASHED MY DRONE! Why you shouldnt fly over moving streams/water.

Well the river madethedrone crash...
Doubt that was the only reason ... if you want to find out what happened so you don't repeat your mistake with your new drone follow the link below, upload the mobile device flight log there & come back here and share the link they provide & we certainly can provide you with more insights around this flight.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help (scroll down there for a instruction where to find the log in your device)

Doubt that was the only reason ... if you want to find out what happened so you don't repeat your mistake with your new drone follow the link below, upload the mobile device flight log there & come back here and share the link they provide & we certainly can provide you with more insights around this flight.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help (scroll down there for a instruction where to find the log in your device)
I will look into that thanks

I hope you do send the flight log here ...there are a few guys on here that really know how to read that data and can give you more information...valuable information on how to avoid it from happening again....Other than the crash it was a really nice video with nice background music....good luck with the next drone...what did you order?

So i crashed my drone....And ididnt know why it was hovering way faster then usual....And i couldnt even move it before it crashed....
I have flown my M2P many times over rivers and oceans. Usually stay a bit higher, and would never try flying that close to a shoreline in a n arrow river. I think it's simply that you just flew into a tree. Plain and simple.

Dale
Miami

That looks more like a combination of factors that may have nothing to do with the stream and the bottom sensors. Being down low will have restricted GPS reception, there may be signal control issues from the trees and the final few seconds looks like the drone is flying sideways into the tree, where the obstacle sensors may not have detected the hazard in time. But I wouldn’t put the stream anywhere near the top of my list. And pilot control (and “where not to take a drone”) needs to be in there, as well. My biggest surprise was where you chose to put the drone. ? Nice images, though! While they lasted! ????

So i crashed my drone....And ididnt know why it was hovering way faster then usual....And i couldnt even move it before it crashed....
You gave the wrong title and thought process. Flying over moving water didn’t cause you to crash your drone. Flying it into a tree branch was the cause of the crash. Not moving water.

Reactions: D_The_Producer
That's why I LOVE my Air2. I do a lot of over water flying (rivers / creeks) and waterfalls. Seen a lot of issues with flying too low over water as well.

Esp when doing video, I can add some digital zoom in and keep the drone higher and still get the same video as skimming the water. Narrow spaces are notorious for limbs hanging out and snagging drones and guess what - when you're far enough away and can't see those limbs via VLOS - then flying the drone into them can happen in an instant. It is a hazard those of us who fly in such conditions learn to deal with or fly above all that with some zoom and less likely to ditch in the water. Yes, pics don't do that with zoom, but you can always correct the altitude to a lower setting for pics versus flying along for video.

Being a senior citizen, I don't have the great hand to eye coordination nor the game playing skills that many younger drone pilots have, so they can push the envelope much farther than I can. That's okay - I'm pretty satisfied with my results and love flying and "keeping" my drone - whereas friends have lost numerous ones as they pushed the boundaries too far for that1 ft over the water at high speed run or right on a waterfall.

We live and learn by our mistakes. Chalk this up to a learning experience, get another drone nd keep flying. Refresh or insurance helps with the cost pain some.

I have flown my M2P many times over rivers and oceans. Usually stay a bit higher, and would never try flying that close to a shoreline in a n arrow river. I think it's simply that you just flew into a tree. Plain and simple.

Dale
Miami
Still it doesnt explain why it just suddenly was hovering and moved by itself....

You gave the wrong title and thought process. Flying over moving water didn’t cause you to crash your drone. Flying it into a tree branch was the cause of the crash. Not moving water.
If you make some research about flying over moving water you sure can find some information about it. If you look again you can see the Drone speed up....

That's why I LOVE my Air2. I do a lot of over water flying (rivers / creeks) and waterfalls. Seen a lot of issues with flying too low over water as well.

Esp when doing video, I can add some digital zoom in and keep the drone higher and still get the same video as skimming the water. Narrow spaces are notorious for limbs hanging out and snagging drones and guess what - when you're far enough away and can't see those limbs via VLOS - then flying the drone into them can happen in an instant. It is a hazard those of us who fly in such conditions learn to deal with or fly above all that with some zoom and less likely to ditch in the water. Yes, pics don't do that with zoom, but you can always correct the altitude to a lower setting for pics versus flying along for video.

Being a senior citizen, I don't have the great hand to eye coordination nor the game playing skills that many younger drone pilots have, so they can push the envelope much farther than I can. That's okay - I'm pretty satisfied with my results and love flying and "keeping" my drone - whereas friends have lost numerous ones as they pushed the boundaries too far for that1 ft over the water at high speed run or right on a waterfall.

We live and learn by our mistakes. Chalk this up to a learning experience, get another drone nd keep flying. Refresh or insurance helps with the cost pain some.
THANK YOU!! Finally someone else who has some information about flying över moving water...

Reactions: tlswift58
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan