DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I crashed my mavic mini into water. How to fix?

Chop

Reactions
After accidently landing my Mavic Mini in fresh water I let it dry for 2 days then put a new battery in it. Everything came on and it seemed like it was working fine. After 5 minutes it turned off and is no longer working at all. Absolutely nothing works. I want to try replacing the circuit board. Does anyone know if I need to replace the ESC and Power circuit board or the Main Core Circuit board or both? Could it possible be a bad cable?

After accidently landing my Mavic Mini in fresh water I let it dry for 2 days then put a new battery in it. Everything came on and it seemed like it was working fine. After 5 minutes it turned off and is no longer working at all. Absolutely nothing works. I want to try replacing the circuit board. Does anyone know if I need to replace the ESC and Power circuit board or the Main Core Circuit board or both? Could it possible be a bad cable?
Try doing a factory reset to your setup. Try a different battery than you crashed with and if you have a dry bag, out it back or if you have a lot of silica beads (those little packets in electronics) or you may be able to put back on rice. Another option if you're still hearing water when you shake it, use a blow dryer on low for a while. Good luck! I hear they sell refurbished one for 249. If you don't want or need the fly more set up, let me know, because I'm looking for one

My guess is that the aircraft is toast. Two days will not be enough time for all the water to evaporate, particularly if the aircraft hasn't been disassembled or baked in a warm environment.

I think Timinator and ChipDjipro called it. At this point probably toast. I have been boating for 30 years or more and we used to use a method called "Pickling". If you sank your boat you might (if you could retrieve it) be able to save the motor by keeping it immersed in whatever you sunk it in (fresh or salt). You would keep it immersed by way of a Barrell or large tank and if if it was salt water you would keep running fresh water until you thought all the salt was out and then try to get a large amount of distilled waster to flush it further. This if made easier wit a drone because of the size. It's probably too late now, but in the future (besides buying the insurance) you would put a bucket under the drone, scoop it up, bring it home and run fresh water for a half hour or more to get pond scum out. Then, while keeping it submerged, (oh, btw the first thing you do is take battery out) scoop it up with a smaller container and fill that container with distilled water. Let it sit in the distilled water for a day every once in a while shaking it to get sediment out. Now put it in the smallest container it will fit in and fill container with isopropyl alcohol and let sit for another day. Take out of alcohol and let it sit for a week. You might save it but it is kind of a crapshoot.

If Nothing works, dead battery. Do all above suggestions Before any repairs. Care Refresh? If not, Why? So Cheap

Sorry for your loss

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard