DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I crashed the DJI Mavic Pro (not me!)

I've seen some Mavic Pros drone pilots recording video at 9,000' to over 13,000' after passing through clouds with NO visibility in the transition. As an Instrument Rated Pilot I have to have an approved IFR Flight Plan before flying where I have no visual contact with the earth. And a Transponder so I can be tracked. The 1st time a Mavic Pro causes an aircraft crash because of this type of behavior you will see congress descend down on us drone pilots like flies on honey. Worse yet ... the next update to your Mavic Pro. might might change it's capabilities, like limit the AGL to 400'.

I've seen some Mavic Pros drone pilots recording video at 9,000' to over 13,000' after passing through clouds with NO visibility in the transition. As an Instrument Rated Pilot I have to have an approved IFR Flight Plan before flying where I have no visual contact with the earth. And a Transponder so I can be tracked. The 1st time a Mavic Pro causes an aircraft crash because of this type of behavior you will see congress descend down on us drone pilots like flies on honey. Worse yet ... the next update to your Mavic Pro. might might change it's capabilities, like limit the AGL to 400'.

True , it's like they want to get old folks off the wheel as they are too dangerous to drive in the roads these days . Who can blame the law !

Reactions: grizzard
True , it's like they want to get old folks off the wheel as they are too dangerous to drive in the roads these days . Who can blame the law !
Good point. :) As consolation for his depression I suggest he obtain the fetal position and listen to Roy Orbison's "Only the Lonely" ... the part that says " There goes my baby, there goes my heart, they're gone forever, so far apart" ... especially ...after he tells his wife.

Reactions: dam
It's possible that a little education might change his attitude about flying a drone. If you fall under the watchful eye of the FAA you might think more about what you are about to do and the consequences if you screw up.

There is no test for common sense. There just isn't. The FAA has enough trouble keeping up with real pilots flying real aircraft. The don't have the manpower to follow little Bobby when he is flying his Mavic. If you want to restrict access by licensing that is a valid argument. But there is no course of common sense.

I was 11 years old and yet was required to take a class and then qualify on a range before getting my Concealed Weapons Permit.
The problem is you believe everyone is like you... responsible enough to do things the right way. Whelp, newsflash they aren't. To operate a car you need a license correct? Yet everyday you will see people doing absolutely stupid things while behind the wheel. You don't even have to look for it. Licensing does absolutely nothing. I have a saying, "stupid people are stupid!" It's a fact that just won't go away.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

There is no test for common sense. There just isn't. The FAA has enough trouble keeping up with real pilots flying real aircraft. The don't have the manpower to follow little Bobby when he is flying his Mavic. If you want to restrict access by licensing that is a valid argument. But there is no course of common sense.

The problem is you believe everyone is like you... responsible enough to do things the right way. Whelp, newsflash they aren't. To operate a car you need a license correct? Yet everyday you will see people doing absolutely stupid things while behind the wheel. You don't even have to look for it. Licensing does absolutely nothing. I have a saying, "stupid people are stupid!" It's a fact that just won't go away.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Very true .... but still there is hope and some people do have their thinking cap on!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ