DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I flew into a tree and need to change one leg

sw3De

Reactions
When my Mini fell to the ground a leg broke, are there any (good) instructions how to change it?

I have ordered a new leg that should arrive in a few days.

/Mickeimage.jpg

Hope you get it fixed. Here is a heads up, If you ever get a ESC status error, in the future'
ESC stands foe Electronic Speed Controller, it controls the speed of the motors which directly alters the in flight directional changes. This ESC warning, may show up six to one year later, depending on how hard you hit that tree.
It may not show up at all, but just in case, the crash may have jarred something loose in the hull.

Hope you get it fixed. Here is a heads up, If you ever get a ESC status error, in the future'
ESC stands foe Electronic Speed Controller, it controls the speed of the motors which directly alters the in flight directional changes. This ESC warning, may show up six to one year later, depending on how hard you hit that tree.
It may not show up at all, but just in case, the crash may have jarred something loose in the hull.
Oh, I didn’t know that. Thanks for the heads up.

If this ESC error does show up, is it safe to ignore or is it time to buy a new drone?

Check out on the search function, ESC, what others have done.

Trusting a malfunctioning drone is just asking to be without it.
Got it, thank you.

Since I’m a newbie I just wanted to make sure. I have/had no intention of being a stickler but wanted to make sure there was no difference between ‘getting a warning’ and the drone actually been damaged.

Just wanted to put it out there that if you haven't soldered before in your life, this probably isn't the way for you to go. I'm not sure if you need to do any soldering for the Mini, but with my Mavic 2 Zoom, I had to do a bit of soldering, and I don't think I did the best job ever, but I got the job done. And I did that with a little bit of previous experience, and I like to think of myself as a guy who learns things easily. If you're not that type of person, soldering is probably not the best thing for you. Especially if you have no previous experience in fixing electronics as a whole. In that case, I'd just either send it in for repair, or just purchase a new/used one.

Just wanted to put it out there that if you haven't soldered before in your life, this probably isn't the way for you to go. I'm not sure if you need to do any soldering for the Mini, but with my Mavic 2 Zoom, I had to do a bit of soldering, and I don't think I did the best job ever, but I got the job done. And I did that with a little bit of previous experience, and I like to think of myself as a guy who learns things easily. If you're not that type of person, soldering is probably not the best thing for you. Especially if you have no previous experience in fixing electronics as a whole. In that case, I'd just either send it in for repair, or just purchase a new/used one.
I had it soldered just fine, I have no problems with soldering. Sorry to hear that your’s didn’t go well.
The drone is happily flying again but it has to rest for a while now until spring gets here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky