DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I got my new Mavic Air, now I`m a bad neighbor!

Yard blowers !! I don't have grass either but the blowers are worse than any mower or drone. (And I am in Phoenix)

I agree. People use gas powered blowers here for snow here because they are too lazy to shovel. They are WAY louder than a drone even if it was hovering above your head and far more annoying than any drone. On top of that they just redistribute the snow all over other people's property.

So many neighbors don't understand that sharing the outdoors is a 2-way street. You'll find that with the neighbors who complain, everything they do is always fine, but if there is one tiny thing someone else does they don't like, they complain. They're all the same.

Just because a neighbor can hear something, that is definitely not a reason to stop flying. I guarantee they aren't completely silent 24/7 and therefore don't have a leg to stand on. They can put in some earplugs for the 20 minutes the drone is in the air if a faint drone buzz is the only noise that seems to bother them.

Um. Why would you fly more than once over your neighborhood anyway??? What is it you haven't yet seen with the gimbal? Why fly anywhere where people are going to see you or complain?

Question for you. Beautiful picture, btw.

Did you get permission from the property owner to post the pic? I only ask because the GPS info is still in the pic's metadata.

No offense, but are you a moron? It's public space. There is no permission required. God. Doy.

A little harsh, but IF it were a problem Google would have had to pay everyone in the world, along with Apple, AirMap.... and many more who use aerial imaging.

Yeah, I'm a direct person. You're exactly right. It's fools like that who pass this notion along that you need 'permission' for public photos. It's aggravating.

I fly over our area because:

1. From our back yard we have beautiful views of Arizona sunsets over the White Tank Mountains to our west.

2. I have to drive at least 4 miles to the nearest park I can launch from and 8 miles out into the desert.

Cool. Thanks. Now I get it. Tell your neighbors to go F themselves then. Problem solved. Either that or offer to email them the photos.

Junk should have got Mavic2pro or reg platinum Mavic very quiet drones

''Are you a Moron?''

Comments like these keep pushing us closer to waving 'Bye-bye' to this Forum.

There's simply no need for stuff like this.

Such a shame on a priceless Info site.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Are you going to cry? Just absorb it and move on.

The Master Air Screw Props help, they get rid of the High Pitch that seem to get everyone’s attention and at above roof height in normal flying mode (not sport) I find them very quiet.

''Are you a Moron?''

Comments like these keep pushing us closer to waving 'Bye-bye' to this Forum.

There's simply no need for stuff like this.

Such a shame on a priceless Info site.

Rgds, NAVMAV
No have no fear the forum stays but he didn't :)

Reactions: NAVMAV
I should've said something earlier but the reason I asked about permission wasn't about laws, but just being a good neighbor and not unnecessarily making it that much easier to find their home.

I'm currently working in computer security and find it disgusting just how little privacy that we have left and how much we've been the source of that problem.

I don't think government should be regulating this, as I think most people are respectful enough to not intentionally violate each other's privacy.

I've been flying over my neighborhood for all kinds of recreational reasons. I've tried to keep from taking too many photos and not fly low enough where someone's immediately going to suspect spying.

And, I think my MAS props may also be helping, as they really do quiet down the beehive.

Again NAVMAN, that was a beautiful photo! I wish I could get results like that.

Reactions: NAVMAV
Thanks, 'Jeep'!

Actually it wasn't anything about skill levels.

Lighting at High Noon was dead nuts perfect, and on a 23" monitor the Shot literally jumped off the page at us. Pretty neat moment, so we dragged The Wife up for a look. It blew her away too! The Pool Guy LOVED them.

Nobody gives Lighting enough credit, and it makes a World of Difference. No Filters, no special effects editing, just near perfect Lighting.

Rgds, NAVMAV

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones