DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I got *VERY* lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we at least agree that 3 seconds is relevant on every other DJI aircraft. However, the 3 seconds has nothing to do with the GO 4 connection. It is hardwired into the drone and the RC connection. The GO 4 app connection is irrelevant to it. You could unplug your tablet and completely control the aircraft solely with the RC via VLOS, and no RTH will be triggered until you ALSO lose the RC connection for 3 seconds/11 seconds depending upon the aircraft. What would be the point of waiting in a hover for 11 seconds?

What proof do you have to support your claims that the MA2 is entirely different, other than that the loss of signal must be a full 11 seconds for failsafe RTH to be initiated? I can find nothing to support your claim that the aircraft comes to an abrupt full stop the instant signal is lost (physically impossible, as the braking distance would come into play, giving you further distance until a full stop). On the contrary, it should continue flight with the existing stick inputs for a full 11 seconds, rather than just 3 seconds, making any "under bridge flying" even safer. The whole point of the 11 second delay is to continue course and pass any obstruction temporarily blocking signal (like passing behind a building) without unnecessarily initiating failsafe RTH, and not to have the aircraft first hover needlessly for 11 seconds, before retracing the last 50m!

Failsafe RTH
If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote controller signal is lost for more than 11 seconds. The aircraft will fly backwards for 50 m on its original flight route, and then enter Straight Line RTH.

You're really funny because we don't agree on anything, especially some 3 second thing you made-up about DJI aircraft. Please show me one place DJI refers to this 3 second process you're speaking of. You can't because it does't exist.

I never said abrupt, I said the drone stops when it loses signal, (keep up with me here) as in no stick input. Now who's twisting words to try to fit their narrative.

I really ca't believe you fly theses and don't understand how they work. Maybe you should go out test it for yourself. Fly full stick forward and power off your remote and watch the drone stop just like you let go of the sticks. It doesn't continue full speed for 3 seconds and then stops.

Do you really believe DJI would program their aircraft to fly full speed for 3 seconds without user input? Do you understand the liability that would open them up for?

When the connection between the drone and controller (RC) are lost the drone stops (as in no stick input).

Go test it for yourself and stop spreading bad and incorrect information.

Yet another thread goes into the ditches.

Thread CLOSED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown