DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have done EVERYTHING that I can think of and still can't get this bird to start up. Please help.

The OP is most likely within 11 miles of Lambert Int. airport and within 6 miles of Spirit of St.Louis airport if he is indeed in St. Peters, Mo. He would be straight west of Lambert and straight north of SUS.

edit: And also perhaps less than 5 miles from Creve Coeur airport to the southeast.

Last edited:
The OP is most likely within 11 miles of Lambert Int. airport and within 6 miles of Spirit of St.Louis airport if he is indeed in St. Peters, Mo. He would be straight west of Lambert and straight north

edit: And also perhaps less than 5 miles from Creve Coeur airport to the southeast.
I am in St. Peters and your mileage from these airports is way off. As a retired city truck driver. I know how far I am from each of these. The closest is Creve Coeur and it is every bit of ten to fifteen miles from my home.

I really shouldn't dignify this comment with an answer. But that was the worst question I have ever been asked.
Then you don't but just ignore post that are nonsense or report them .
Some might just be in jest but if they continue you know they are trolling .

Reactions: Tom-Air
I get similar difficulties trying to get my MPP, controller and DJI Go4 to cooperate using a Samsung Note 3.
My 1st time install goes ok to the point of registering a DJI account but stalls on the T&C screen, with nowhere to go on. (Unless you have to join Facebook etc - as this is the only way out of T&C screen.)
Attempting to use the controller to MPP start by pulling both sticks down/back does nothing. Neither does any other button, stick etc.) Just doesn't give evidence that I have achieved an effective bind.
I assume that it's a WiFi or GPS issue, but as a new kid to the subject have some way to go yet.
Maybe we starters should take the pressure off you experts by starting a NEWBY THREAD?
Keerev.

I am in St. Peters and your mileage from these airports is way off. As a retired city truck driver. I know how far I am from each of these. The closest is Creve Coeur and it is every bit of ten to fifteen miles from my home.
1545074264147.png

David, did you try the AirMap or the B4UFly apps? And install the DJI Go 4 app only? Could you try flying from a different location? Another idea would be try a different device? Stickers off all sensors? Sorry for the list, we are just missing something or the Mavic is defective, they really are simple after watching/reading. I'm leaning toward location. One more, can you move the gimbal when both ( controller, then the bird ) are powered on without the props started? Good luck!

David, did you try the AirMap or the B4UFly apps? And install on the DJI Go 4 app only? Could you try flying from a different location? Another idea would be try a different device? Stickers off all sensors? Sorry for the list, we are just missing something or the Mavic is defective, they really are simple after watching/reading. I'm leaning toward location. One more, can you move the gimbal when both ( controller, then the bird ) are powered on without the props started? Good luck!
Take a good look at pics hes using the other version of go the version we all use doesnt have that IMU and Compass settings

Reactions: Former Member
This is what it should look likeView attachment 56192
I see the difference's, but like you I have the Pro and only assume they are the same. I once tried to fly from my aunt''s house and the tablet said "Can't Take off". The screen on the controller said NFZ, he doesn't have the controller screen, she lived within two miles of small/tower less airport. He may be unaware of a small port or DJI has mistakenly added one.

Is there a possibility that there is a Heliport (maybe agricultural) somewhere in his vicinity?
The answer is yes, it's possible. If he can see a picture on his screen from the drone, move the gimbal, ect; he is connected and a NFZ has him grounded. I did not see a Trying to Connect in his pics and assume location is his issue. Must be using the right app also. I assume he is trying all the above now and I hope he is out flying.

Reactions: TR Ganey
The answer is yes, it's possible. If he can see a picture on his screen from the drone, move the gimbal, ect; he is connected and a NFZ has him grounded. I did not see a Trying to Connect in his pics and assume location is his issue. Must be using the right app also. I assume he is trying all the above now and I hope he is out flying.
I saw that too hes in yellow but I believe yellow he can start not fly though

I want to thank everyone who helped. Ranger 1 had a successful first flight today. Although short I was only interested in getting her in the air. Again thanks.
Could you post what the issue was? The community learns from others triumphs and failures, the chose to or not is yours, but it's kinda how forums work.

Glad you got Ranger in the air, now one more thing Have Fun!

Last edited:
Could you post what the issue was? The community learns from others triumphs and failures, the chose to or not is yours, but it's kinda how forums work.

Glad you got Ranger in the air, now one more thing Have Fun!
I uninstalled and reinstalled both app's. Then I had to reoriant the compass. After that she fired up. All I did was several take off and landings. I want to get used to the controls before I get her to far off the ground. I think next good day I will attempt to take a picture or two and maybe a short video.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both app's. Then I had to reoriant the compass. After that she fired up. All I did was several take off and landings. I want to get used to the controls before I get her to far off the ground. I think next good day I will attempt to take a picture or two and maybe a short video.
so glad you got it to work please ignore the stupid posts that you got it is part of being on a forum a joke is fine in the right contex please continue to enjoy your UAV dont hesitate to ask more questions as they arise

Reactions: dirkclod
You said "both apps". What apps? You only need Go 4. Others are supplemental, most not involved with the actual flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242