DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have done EVERYTHING that I can think of and still can't get this bird to start up. Please help.

If you have never flown a drone before, have you ever flown anything? If not, and if you do not have anyone to help you, I would suggest buying a cheap $30 dollar toy drone to learn the flight characteristics and controls before moving to the Air. The Air is relatively simple to fly, but you still need some skills to do so. The fact that you've never flown a drone before may be an accident just waiting to happen and I'd hate to see you damage your Air. I hate to be "that guy", and of course there could be something genuinely wrong with the Air that is causing it not to start, but I have come to believe that it might be something so simple and obvious that you are missing (I am guilty of that with my son's Spark. Couldn't figure something out for the life of me, until I saw that I was missing something so obvious)
Some things that I would check:
1. Are you in a NFZ?
2. Are the batteries fully charged?
3. Is there any kind of warning on the app saying why it cannot start?
4. Is the camera operating?

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
Please send us some screenshots of what you see when you connect your bird, this way we can see what you see when you connect your drone to your mobile device, my suspicions is that you are too close to an airport and can't take off, the new geofence system is killing all the areas are now a no-fly zone, even the RC field where I go flying is now a no-fly zone.

Please send us some screenshots of what you see when you connect your bird, this way we can see what you see when you connect your drone to your mobile device, my suspicions is that you are too close to an airport and can't take off, the new geofence system is killing all the areas are now a no-fly zone, even the RC field where I go flying is now a no-fly zone.
The closest airport is 30 miles away

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
If you have never flown a drone before, have you ever flown anything? If not, and if you do not have anyone to help you, I would suggest buying a cheap $30 dollar toy drone to learn the flight characteristics and controls before moving to the Air. The Air is relatively simple to fly, but you still need some skills to do so. The fact that you've never flown a drone before may be an accident just waiting to happen and I'd hate to see you damage your Air. I hate to be "that guy", and of course there could be something genuinely wrong with the Air that is causing it not to start, but I have come to believe that it might be something so simple and obvious that you are missing (I am guilty of that with my son's Spark. Couldn't figure something out for the life of me, until I saw that I was missing something so obvious)
Some things that I would check:
1. Are you in a NFZ?
2. Are the batteries fully charged?
3. Is there any kind of warning on the app saying why it cannot start?
4. Is the camera operating?
I have flown the 30 and 100 dollar drones. The reason for jumping to the air is. I want something that flies for more than 3 minutes and something that takes quality pics and videos. I am wanting to do aerial of our Royal Ranger events.

Reactions: Big Jon
Seems to me that you want help from the folks on here, but you're not providing any details or specifics. Folks seem to be having to "pull" any information they can out of you. Frankly, you need to be more forthcoming. I asked you several questions in my previous reply but you did not answer them. In one of your replies, you state that you never flown a drone before, but then you say you have flown the $30 and $100 drones. So what is it? If you want someone to offer any suggestions, you need to provide as many details as possible.
1. Are there any warnings in the upper left part of the screen? (What does it say?, does it say ready?
2. Do you have video from the drone on the DJI Go app? If so, can you control the gimbal tilt via the controller?
3. Are you batteries fully charged?
4. Is the drone or remote making any kind of sounds when trying to start?
5. Did you try pressing the "takeoff" icon instead of trying to start it with the sticks?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan