DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have done EVERYTHING that I can think of and still can't get this bird to start up. Please help.

For my education only. Based on what I’ve read, was this a compass issue?
It think bigcat(the op) possibly did a compass calibration? As I have found that the little buzz bomb most folks call the Mavic Air, is in the tender compass category. I’m thinking I have had the “cannot takeoff” issue myself once, but my memory is a little off at times. Too many toys. Please provide us all with what you think solved the problem. And did you do a compass calibration? Thanks. And remember, wide open area to practice in and happy flying!

First if it's new you must create a dji account and register the drone with DJI in order to unlock it. Also on the MA you have to switch the wifi off so it will link with the controller.

What I saw with this thread was a lot of people who wanted to help but a confusing list of questions and repeat questions from different members that would totally frustrate a new person trying to figure out a problem. I wonder if there is some way that a few, very educated pilots such as SAR104 could be designated as the only pilots that would help newbies work through these issues? Any new person coming on with issues would be directed to one of these "trouble shooters". I have no idea if something like this is possible or even if there are those who would take on the task but this thread went to 5 pages of people trying to help and while he did work out the issue, I can see why he became frustrated with it.

Just an idea.

I have watched a hundred plus videos. I have read all of the books many times now. I have calibrated the compass. I have linked the hand controler. I have calibrated the joy sticks. And I still get a poor Controller connection and can still not start or fly this bird. Please help.

I had a similar problem with my new Mavic Air. I solved it by getting another smart phone for the controller. I was using an LG phone - no good! I got an iPhone 6. These systems NEED iPhones, not other brands, believe me. The manufacturer says to use only iPhones. Others may say they use something else, but Android is too unstable. You could lose your drone flying with those... My drone takes off every time now.

Reactions: Jimmytpi
I have another lead... Recently my P4P was displaying a "cannot take off". It turned out that my battery had a cell problem, reading a lower voltage on 1 cell. Changed the battery , problem gone. Went back to it: Cannot take off. Could be that! even if it says fully charged. Try a cell reading...

"I have another lead... Recently my P4P was displaying a "cannot take off". It turned out that my battery had a cell problem, reading a lower voltage on 1 cell. Changed the battery , problem gone. Went back to it: Cannot take off. Could be that! even if it says fully charged."

See post 79. He solved the issue.

Reactions: sergekouper
What I saw with this thread was a lot of people who wanted to help but a confusing list of questions and repeat questions from different members that would totally frustrate a new person trying to figure out a problem. I wonder if there is some way that a few, very educated pilots such as SAR104 could be designated as the only pilots that would help newbies work through these issues? Any new person coming on with issues would be directed to one of these "trouble shooters". I have no idea if something like this is possible or even if there are those who would take on the task but this thread went to 5 pages of people trying to help and while he did work out the issue, I can see why he became frustrated with it.

Just an idea.

In a perfect world that would be great. In the beginning SAR104 asked for flight data, the OP was unable or unwilling to post the data. That left the community to help with deductive reasoning, a trial and error solution. Some tried to be humorous and insult the OPs intelligence, which frustrated him. The issue was solved in 4 pages not 5, the end result worked.

Ps
The repeated questioning was because the OP was not answering when the obvious solution was giving.

Last edited:
My point is that if two or three individuals do the questioning, and have the knowledge to troubleshoot the issues it avoids the repeat questions and snarky responses. I agree. In a perfect world this would work but one moderator, eliminating the "junk" would help keep from littering up the thread so that it goes 5 or more pages and frustrates the OP.

As I said, it is a thought for consideration by those with the power to make it happen, or not. I am aware of the pot holes in this so adding another 5 pages to debate it really is not necessary either.

@CAG
No. The problem is people not providing the needed info - that is all anyone was asking. New posters should have to fill the following list out that droneuser compiled. I have seen posters demand answers. What sar104 and meta4 and others are doing is a favor, it is free. If the poster is too lazy to provide the info needed to help them they deserve no help.

Problem?

Was unit in a crash?

What have you tried so far?

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification? (if so what)

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

YOU MUST upload log files and a post link in your post! DJI Flight Log Viewer

Last edited:
Read through the thread and see how many did not ask those questions but rather, started shooting in the dark trying to solve the problem. I refer back to my original post. If there is someone assigned to ask those questions and troubleshoot the thread would not be 5 pages long and the problem would be solved quicker. You're correct those questions were not answered in the beginning.

Reactions: BangkokFlyBoy
Read through the thread and see how many did not ask those questions but rather, started shooting in the dark trying to solve the problem. I refer back to my original post. If there is someone assigned to ask those questions and troubleshoot the thread would not be 5 pages long and the problem would be solved quicker. You're correct those questions were not answered in the beginning.

No doubt a member appreciates you donating his time for him.

"I have another lead... Recently my P4P was displaying a "cannot take off". It turned out that my battery had a cell problem, reading a lower voltage on 1 cell. Changed the battery , problem gone. Went back to it: Cannot take off. Could be that! even if it says fully charged."

See post 79. He solved the issue.
You mean where he reinstalled "both apps"? ;)

Reactions: Broken Arrow
Speaking of snarky response and trolls.

It was a suggestion for the administrators here. You don't have to like it.

I had a similar problem with my new Mavic Air. I solved it by getting another smart phone for the controller. I was using an LG phone - no good! I got an iPhone 6. These systems NEED iPhones, not other brands, believe me. The manufacturer says to use only iPhones. Others may say they use something else, but Android is too unstable. You could lose your drone flying with those... My drone takes off every time now.

Incorrect information.

iOS Version v4.2.6.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.2.6.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

Reactions: Mr. Salty and JDawg
Wrong. I have samsung works perfect.

Incorrect.

I use a Huawei P20 Pro on android, and have had no issues whatsoever with connectivity.

If it was a case of only supporting IOS devices, then why do DJI provide an android app? Check your information before you post such bollocks

Reactions: Simmo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun