DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have the Mavic Pro with the firmware being V01.04.0400 can someone please tell me the restritions that come along with it

Whiteeskimo

Reactions
Can I get help with this version of firmware for my Mavic Pro
Thank you very much

Yea that firmware has both the altitude and NFZ limits. That’s the newest firmware for the Mavic Pro actually. There is a 01.04.0500 but it only contains a firmware patch for the goggles not the Mavic Pro itself.

I guess I made a mistake and upgraded my filmware to 01.04.0500. Don't know exactly what it did to me (yet) but from what I'm reading I may have made a mistake and should have stayed on 01.03.0700. Should I fly and not like what is missing, what is the easy way to downgrade without bricking my drone?

I guess I made a mistake and upgraded my filmware to 01.04.0500. Don't know exactly what it did to me (yet) but from what I'm reading I may have made a mistake and should have stayed on 01.03.0700. Should I fly and not like what is missing, what is the easy way to downgrade without bricking my drone?

I just did this recently and it’s a long process. You have to downgrade to 01.04.0300 then downgrade to 01.03.0700 twice. You can then updgrade to the custom 01.04.0300 and have the best of both worlds. Nolimitdrones.com basically uses the free tools to do this but package it in a user friendly way for $35 lifetime membership for the drone.

You can do it for free it’s just a multi step process using DUMLdore. Just follow the directions and if it says “DON’T TURN OFF THE DEVICE!” then bloody don’t turn off the drone!!!!

Does anyone know when v01. 04.0400 was released I don't recall downloading it thanks for the help very much

Oh yes that's the time that I took my mavic 2 Omniview because it was all out of whack and I had no control
So I think they reinstalled all the firmware so since then I had no problems flying
But I have not noticed any limitations but then again ever since omniview fixed my bird I have not had my iPad or the mavic connected to the internet

Oh yes that's the time that I took my mavic 2 Omniview because it was all out of whack and I had no control
So I think they reinstalled all the firmware so since then I had no problems flying
But I have not noticed any limitations but then again ever since omniview fixed my bird I have not had my iPad or the mavic connected to the internet

The limitations are you can’t fly over 500 meters above the home point(~1690 feet) and can’t turn off no fly zones. To allow it to fly over 500 meters high and enter no fly zones you still had to turn those things off in Assistant 2. So if you never did that then if no different from what it was originally for you.

I just did this recently and it’s a long process. You have to downgrade to 01.04.0300 then downgrade to 01.03.0700 twice. You can then updgrade to the custom 01.04.0300 and have the best of both worlds. Nolimitdrones.com basically uses the free tools to do this but package it in a user friendly way for $35 lifetime membership for the drone.

You can do it for free it’s just a multi step process using DUMLdore. Just follow the directions and if it says “DON’T TURN OFF THE DEVICE!” then bloody don’t turn off the drone!!!!
Do you lose any features? I know some of the updates I believe features were added. Just wondering if they will disappear.

Do you lose any features? I know some of the updates I believe features were added. Just wondering if they will disappear.

I downgraded to 01.03.0700 but then in used a custom firmware that has all the features of the latest firmware with none of the restrictions. So no I didn’t lose any features. If you stay on 01.03.0700 and don’t upgrade to the custom firmware then you lose quickshots but I think that’s it.

Reactions: charliesRig
I downgraded to 01.03.0700 but then in used a custom firmware that has all the features of the latest firmware with none of the restrictions. So no I didn’t lose any features. If you stay on 01.03.0700 and don’t upgrade to the custom firmware then you lose quickshots but I think that’s it.
Where did you get the custom firmware?

The limitations are you can’t fly over 500 meters above the home point(~1690 feet) and can’t turn off no fly zones. To allow it to fly over 500 meters high and enter no fly zones you still had to turn those things off in Assistant 2. So if you never did that then if no different from what it was originally for you.
Oh my goodness I don't think I could ever see myself flying my drone that high
I know I've seen a lot of videos but it's very dangerous to all of the air traffic that is up above in that area
Like it's been said many times on many YouTube videos on this subject that once you get past a certain height there's really nothing to see and nothing is Defined
It does make for some cool shots but the possible damage that could be inflicted is not worth it at all to me
And as for no fly zones I have not encountered any alerts or Warnings
But then again this part of Scarborough is wide open it has no fly zones to the east of me and west of me
And is clear all the way from the lake all the way up to Lake Simcoe
I use airmap quite a lot
I'm kind of a chicken the highest altitude that I have achieved has being 400 feet

Last edited:
Oh my goodness I don't think I could ever see myself flying my drone that high
I know I've seen a lot of videos but it's very dangerous to all of the air traffic that is up above in that area
Like it's been said many times on many YouTube videos on this subject that once you get past a certain height there's really nothing to see and nothing is Defined
It does make for some cool shots but the possible damage that could be inflicted is not worth it at all to me
And as for no fly zones I have not encountered any alerts or Warnings
But then again this part of Scarborough is wide open it has no fly zones to the east of me and west of me
And is clear all the way from the lake all the way up to Lake Simcoe
I use airmap quite a lot
I'm kind of a chicken the highest altitude that I have achieved has being 400 feet

Then don’t worry worry you aren’t missing anything lol. I live in the mountains and there are Canyons that are over a mile to the top from the bottom. The canyon isn’t wide enough for a manned aircraft to fly through so there’s no risk of hitting an aircraft. Lol there’s plenty to see up there. This one of my better videos

Then don’t worry worry you aren’t missing anything lol. I live in the mountains and there are Canyons that are over a mile to the top from the bottom. The canyon isn’t wide enough for a manned aircraft to fly through so there’s no risk of hitting an aircraft. Lol there’s plenty to see up there. This one of my better videos
Wow that sounds like a fantastic place to live to fly your mavic
I wish I lived in a place like that Wide Open Spaces with lots of scenery

Reactions: brett8883
This is a direct download

This has to be uploaded to a Mavic Pro running 01.03.0700 or it will not work. You may need to rename it and remove the “NO_FC” That’s there just to recognize that it is a custom firmware.
Sorry to be such a bother but another question. I've been told that 01.03.0700 is the best. The one you have is 01.04.0300. What is the difference? Again, sorry for the questions.

Sorry to be such a bother but another question. I've been told that 01.03.0700 is the best. The one you have is 01.04.0300. What is the difference? Again, sorry for the questions.

After 01.03.0700 the only updates to the flight controller were to remove the altitude limit and NFZ limit OPTIONS. So in the more recent updates you cannot turn the altitude limit or NFZ limits OFF and that is the only difference with the flight controller.

However, there were changes to the other aspects of the firmware the most conspicuous if these was the addition of the Quickshots function and some other minor updates none of which have anything to do with flight performance.

So with the custom firmware you keep the flight controller from 01.03.0700 but then all the other features are upgraded. Another benefit to this is as far as the DJI Go 4 app is concerned it is the latest firmware so it’s not going to be bugging you to update.

This “custom firmware” is also known as a “mixed firmware” version because it picks and chooses the the best parts of different firmware versions.

Again it’s important to downgrade to 01.03.0700 before using the custom firmware because it upgrades all the parts of the firmware except the Flight Controller. Not downgrading first is pointless

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada