DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Just lost my Mavic 3

OK I inferred that the motor went out.

But maybe it stuck something causing it to turn off?

So one motor being knocked out will take down the aircraft, not like planes which can lose one engine?

Here is the video from the cache from the crash. I am still cant understand what happened.

Reactions: Howard70
As you see, I had plenty altitude, nothing around. I glad I have the cache video.

OK I inferred that the motor went out.
But maybe it stuck something causing it to turn off?
I can't tell from the data whether it lost a motor or prop, just that the drone lost thrust from the front left.
So one motor being knocked out will take down the aircraft, not like planes which can lose one engine?
The drone needs all four props to be spinning to maintain flight.
Even if the remaining three motors/props have enough thrust to maintain altitude, the flight controller can't overcome the suddenly unbalanced torque forces that cause uncontrollable spinning.

Reactions: shb

2021-12-31_20-07-33.jpg

Here is the video from the cache from the crash. I am still cant understand what happened.

I had a similar spin & wobble with my Air 2 a year ago. It didn't crash, but when I checked it upon return the props were nicked and there were marks from talons on the body of the drone - it had been attacked by a raptor. I'd guess the same might have happened in your case.

Howard

Here the same video slow motion. There is no bird in the frames. The drone spin to both sides.

Reactions: Slawaw and TonyPHX
By the way Zeus, did not know that was your channel until today. You made a very entertaining video I really enjoyed about lifting capacity. : ) I wish you a speedy return of a M3!!

Reactions: zeusfl
By the way Zeus, did not know that was your channel until today. You made a very entertaining video I really enjoyed about lifting capacity. : ) I wish you a speedy return of a M3!!
Thank you very much !!! what you see there is the reflection of water. There is a small creek of water there.

Reactions: TonyPHX
Thank you very much !!! what you see there is the reflection of water. There is a small creek of water there.
Ah! That makes sense. Well, clearly you were flying along and no sign of you hitting something. I agree with others who suggest a warranty claim! Wishing you a great new year!!

Reactions: zeusfl
Suppose to be Happy New Year not lost my M3 Year. UGH

So sad to see all the weak signals from the M3 but based on those crazy angles the camera made sure looks like you lost a prop and the drone tried for a few seconds to recover as it was trying to return to home.

Worth a Roll of the Dice with DJI , and maybe they give you 100 % coupon code for a new one.
So nice to see that Cash video at 1080 {60 }frames very nice.

Those videos can help DJI make a decision , as i know only to well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain. Land on the Water . Float by the alligators .

What's really odd is that it seems to recover- at least for a second. That would perhaps rule out a propeller issue? And I would still not totally rule out a bird. Just because you can't see it in your video doesn't mean one wasn't near or struck the drone. Raptors are fast and can strike from above. It would explain the initial tumble and recovery.

When you watch the video, doesn't it look like it stabilizes momentarily after the initial attitude disturbance? If it were a prop failure there would be continuous thrust asymmetry and the machine wouldn't regain any stability. Hence my statement it might rule out a prop issue. It could be a motor or ESC issue I guess but if the data doesn't show any errors in that regard I still think a bird strike would be the most likely cause.

Not meaning to be offensive but does any one else think that Zeusfl has had a lucky escape here? The drone could have come down into what looks like a fairly busy road and maybe through a windscreen.

Not meaning to be offensive but does any one else think that Zeusfl has had a lucky escape here? The drone could have come down into what looks like a fairly busy road and maybe through a windscreen.
Normally I do not fly over roads like that. This Mercedes Benz driver was doing something suspicious close to my apartment and I decide to follow him while testing the tracking mode. But I agree the drone could end up on top of a car.

In 6 years the first time I lost or crash a drone. I am not sure what happened. I was flying probably about 200-250FT altitude with the battery in 21% or close to that because it never trigger the RTH. I was following a car and studently the screen start spinning for half second and went in black and white with the image freeze and no telemetry. I press RTH but nothing.

I went to the last recorded coordinate but nothing. Try find my drone but the drone has no power. I was flying with my RC Pro controller. I am trying to find the Flights log but I cant since is the new RC Controller and i always depend on Airdata but the log is not there either. I cant think clear. I cant believed.

The drone is in a very dense area with tree and no access but i am going tomorrow to try to recover it if I can since is dark now.

Looks to me like it could of been a bird with the sudden movement of the drone.Hope you find your drone fella.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR