Join Us Now

I Just lost my Mavic 3

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
In 6 years the first time I lost or crash a drone. I am not sure what happened. I was flying probably about 200-250FT altitude with the battery in 21% or close to that because it never trigger the RTH. I was following a car and studently the screen start spinning for half second and went in black and white with the image freeze and no telemetry. I press RTH but nothing.

I went to the last recorded coordinate but nothing. Try find my drone but the drone has no power. I was flying with my RC Pro controller. I am trying to find the Flights log but I cant since is the new RC Controller and i always depend on Airdata but the log is not there either. I cant think clear. I cant believed.

The drone is in a very dense area with tree and no access but i am going tomorrow to try to recover it if I can since is dark now.

Last edited:
@Meta4 Do you know where is the Fly log in the new RC Controller?

@Meta4 Do you know where is the Fly log in the new RC Controller?
The txt file will be there somewhere.
I don't have one to check, but can only hope that the instructions on the Phantomhelp log viewer will help point you in the right direction.

When you get in there, it's probably in:
Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord
I just checked on my RC Pro and yes Meta4 the .txt flight records are in that directory at least for an Air 2S which I would expect to be the same.

I'll have a check on my RC Pro tomorrow & have a look if there are any files in that directory, **** hope you find your M3 what range was it out when you lost it ?

I found it but the dates are all wrong. Base in the last modify this one is the one.

That one is not the one. I am looking in airdata.

Sorry to hear about your loss. When you say the screen was spinning makes me think of some bird strike or prop failure. Hopefully the logs that you find will provide a clue. Good luck in finding your aircraft.

Sorry to hear about your loss. When you say the screen was spinning makes me think of some bird strike or prop failure. Hopefully the logs that you find will provide a clue. Good luck in finding your aircraft.
I was thinking the same. But the weird is that

Just found it. I guess. I can not open in Airdata.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-12-31_[16-58-40].txt
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
I just saw your post about this first on the DJI forum. My heart goes out to you. That sucks. I will be watching your thread and hope you recover the drone, and get some usable logging. The spinning would be something weird to see without a collision or prop/motor failure I believe. Again, sorry. I'm sure your heart sunk.

Just found it. I guess. I can not open in Airdata.
The final location in the data was 30.42940 -84.20281
The drone was falling but still moving horizontally so it will be some distance away from that point.
I'll look into it in detail now.

My brief look at your log file tells me that the "advanced RTH" probably ran it right into something.

The M3 was flying in Sport Mode and you took the drone higher up to approx 280 ft. as you backed off on the right stick.

The drone slowed and as the speed was just 7mph at 12:15.3, it rolled to the left and pitched forward and started losing height in a clockwise spin.

This suggests a problem with the front left motor or prop or motor.

Reactions: FlySkyJumper
The M3 was flying in Sport Mode and you took the drone higher up to approx 280 ft. as you backed off on the right stick.

The drone slowed and as the speed was just 7mph at 12:15.3, it rolled to the left and pitched forward and started losing height in a clockwise spin.

This suggests a problem with the front left motor or prop or motor.

Should be a warranty claim then?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU