DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I keep getting an sd-card prompt each time I turn on the SC

ff22

Reactions
I installed the update. Now each time I turn on the SC I get the following prompt. I've tried both reply boxes but that does not seem to permanently satisfy whatever is doing the askingIMG_20190425_1838393.jpg

Hi ff22

Very strange
I get this message to
I click yes and SC was restarted
And I do not see this message any more

Also did you notice now you do not need relink SC if you want use it with other Mavic 2 drone
Mavic2 now hold multiple link info
I have Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom
And this option very cool

Reactions: ff22
Hi ff22

Very strange
I get this message to
I click yes and SC was restarted
And I do not see this message any more

Also did you notice now you do not need relink SC if you want use it with other Mavic 2 drone
Mavic2 now hold multiple link info
I have Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom
And this option very cool

This time it looks like it worked.

Since I only have one drone, the linking of more than one drone does not affect me but maybe I should take advantage and buy a second (g). I will wait for the Mavic 3!

This time it looks like it worked.

Since I only have one drone, the linking of more than one drone does not affect me but maybe I should take advantage and buy a second (g). I will wait for the Mavic 3!

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

there is other glitch there i think. when you say yes - it mounts it as a part of internal storage - moves all the data files to the sd card, it is good.
but, if you look at what then happens when you alter storage options - it alters paths of how photos and movies would be stored, and i think it is not quite correct. so, right now i think i get movies and photos stored on the sd card correctly if config options to store on the sd card are disabled. in fact. would need to play with it more, but, have no time now.

there is other glitch there i think. when you say yes - it mounts it as a part of internal storage - moves all the data files to the sd card, it is good.
but, if you look at what then happens when you alter storage options - it alters paths of how photos and movies would be stored, and i think it is not quite correct. so, right now i think i get movies and photos stored on the sd card correctly if config options to store on the sd card are disabled. in fact. would need to play with it more, but, have no time now.
I certainly hope that the sd card is not treated as what was/is called Adoptable storage which blurs the lines between Internal and External (sd card) and makes it impossible to remove the card and read it elsewhere. I will have to check later as I have a meeting in half an hour. I just want to store stuff there but not blend/meld or merge them as one.

Hi

I set my SD card as internal storage
And I believe all cache and all other staff will record directly on SD
Because when I explorer SD card
I see a lot of folders was created

I certainly hope that the sd card is not treated as what was/is called Adoptable storage which blurs the lines between Internal and External (sd card) and makes it impossible to remove the card and read it elsewhere. I will have to check later as I have a meeting in half an hour. I just want to store stuff there but not blend/meld or merge them as one.
you definitely cannot pull out card anymore while SC is up and running, after it is set for the storage option. but, all the rest works fine. i like i this way much more - it is very easy to get flight logs now, just get the card out.

So that a mere edit of my post does not get lost, I am replying.

I just pulled the card out of the SC and put it into my computer. It appears that the files/folders remain independent and that the card can be read and that files can be added to it. I just added a few photos and also a couple of mp4 files while it was in my computer. They now show up in the File Manager on the SC. In other words, the SD-card is not melded or merged with the Internal Memory as ONE storage locale. At least, that is my experience. I will see what others report.

I did not check yet but I think
It work same way like Mavic2
Storage
So when you insert SD card
M2 will record on SD card
When you remove SD card
M2 will record on internal storage
I think SC work same way

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics