DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I know LIPOS can burn and explode but this miniature battery packs a punch!

offtheback

Reactions
I was charging a Firehouse Technology 4 strobe light.The size of a postage stamp.I heard a loud PFFFT behind and turned to see the unit on fire.Scorched the table a bit and was able to blow it out(3 puffs!)If I wasn't there and in the past I have charged these unattended,it may have ignited something else.Yikes

Attachments

• 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 125
Firehouse Technology replied quickly and said taking them on and off the drone(velcro)could stress the wires and may have lead to the fire.Guess relocating the lights so that's no necessary would help but less convenient for charging.
Bet they replyed quickly .Did they offer you a replacement or anything.

Guess relocating the lights so that's no necessary would help but less convenient for charging.
You could also use some type of removable mount -- like these:

1575885296754.png

You could also use some type of removable mount -- like these:

View attachment 87712
i have your mounts and lights on my MPP idont even need to remove them to charge them up i have a duel outlet charger and with the arms folded i charge both at once

Reactions: msinger
Aren't LiPo's used in those e-cigarettes?
Look no further for how dangerous they can be!
Almost a daily occurrence of battery failure.

Treat LiPo's with respect and care.

a double whammy ,if the vape oil dont get you, the battery will

As a user of e-cigarettes for the last 12 years I can assure you they are no more dangerous than any other device containing a battery, all the e-cigs I have use 18650 battery's the same as in most power tools and laptops (at leas the older ones) but they use multiples connected together I use one or two.

As this thread highlights a strobe light set itself on fire but it wasn’t covered by the national press.

With all the money behind the tobacco industry they make it a priority to leak any story true or alleged that could harm those horrible intruders into there profits namely the e-cig.

Remember how fast the exploding iPhones & Samsung phones disappeared from the press because everyone has a phone, e-cigs are a better target.

a double whammy ,if the vape oil dont get you, the battery will
E-cigs don’t use oil, they use vegetable glycerine like you get from a chemists for a sore throat along with phama grade propylene glycol as used in many foods and drinks and what basically amounts to food flavouring for taste.

Cigarettes killed my wife and I couldn't say if vaping is 100% safe but its safer than burning tobacco, it hasn’t got arsenic in it and that's only one of the thousands in burning tobacco.
I am confident if my wife had vaped she would still be alive.

Facts are facts – Headlines can be reportedly, allegedly or simply fake news.

Sorry if I sound condescending but this is something I feel strongly about.

E-cigs don’t use oil, they use vegetable glycerine like you get from a chemists for a sore throat along with phama grade propylene glycol as used in many foods and drinks and what basically amounts to food flavouring for taste.

Cigarettes killed my wife and I couldn't say if vaping is 100% safe but its safer than burning tobacco, it hasn’t got arsenic in it and that's only one of the thousands in burning tobacco.
I am confident if my wife had vaped she would still be alive.

Facts are facts – Headlines can be reportedly, allegedly or simply fake news.

Sorry if I sound condescending but this is something I feel strongly about.
@ THE CYBORG no problem my post was more on the lines of a bit of humour ,i apologise if it offended you

Last edited:
Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan