DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I know this has probably been beat to death...

I just have to say. I was going to get a crystalsky monitor. After reading all the crap not having a charger or a mount and that I have to buy them separately, I've decided not to. I don't even care what their reason for not including these in the purchase is. I think it's stupidity. Even if it was to be extra money it should be included. And I doubt anybody disagrees with me. I'm sure that DJI personnel has read all of the complaints about this and to my surprise they have not done anything about it. It seems as though since they made the decision not to include these accessories that they are sticking to their decisions just like snobby Little Rich boys. I don't know, I'm just pissed off. I'm pissed off because I wanted to buy one of these but since they don't include a charger mainly, I'm just not going to buy it.

I just have to say. I was going to get a crystalsky monitor. After reading all the crap not having a charger or a mount and that I have to buy them separately, I've decided not to. I don't even care what their reason for not including these in the purchase is. I think it's stupidity. Even if it was to be extra money it should be included. And I doubt anybody disagrees with me. I'm sure that DJI personnel has read all of the complaints about this and to my surprise they have not done anything about it. It seems as though since they made the decision not to include these accessories that they are sticking to their decisions just like snobby Little Rich boys. I don't know, I'm just pissed off. I'm pissed off because I wanted to buy one of these but since they don't include a charger mainly, I'm just not going to buy it.
Couldn't agree more! For probably less the $1 they could have included the simple adapter cable that allows you to use Mavic chargers.

Reactions: J-Dog

Actually, the charger is included with one battery, the charging cord is not included, nor is a mount

Actually, the charger is included with one battery, the charging cord is not included, nor is a mount
Yes that's true. What I meant is that they should have with no question included a complete changing system with their monitors. I like the product after watching videos about it but I feel it's pure stupidity to not sell the package all together. All of their drones have a charging system. If you don't own one of the products on that list, you don't have a way to charge your brand new expensive toy. That is unless your spend even more money. Ridiculous. I buy a batteryized monitor, I want a charging apparatus to charge it. Rambling on I know, so sorry. I really wanted one for my mpp and it just pisses me off.

No kidding! Even after all the reading I did on these monitors and the charging issue, I didn't even know that they had a cable that you can use with your mavic charger. Can you give me any information on where to obtain one? That is if I decide to go ahead and bite the bullet and buy it. Getting pressure from the little misses because she can't see her LG phone very good in the sun.it's just a pain in the *** that you have to jump through these hoops just to be able to charge a monitor battery.
Couldn't agree more! For probably less the $1 they could have included the simple adapter cable that allows you to use Mavic chargers.

Yes that's true. What I meant is that they should have with no question included a complete changing system with their monitors. I like the product after watching videos about it but I feel it's pure stupidity to not sell the package all together. All of their drones have a charging system. If you don't own one of the products on that list, you don't have a way to charge your brand new expensive toy. That is unless your spend even more money. Ridiculous. I buy a batteryized monitor, I want a charging apparatus to charge it. Rambling on I know, so sorry. I really wanted one for my mpp and it just pisses me off.

Agreed

No kidding! Even after all the reading I did on these monitors and the charging issue, I didn't even know that they had a cable that you can use with your mavic charger. Can you give me any information on where to obtain one? That is if I decide to go ahead and bite the bullet and buy it. Getting pressure from the little misses because she can't see her LG phone very good in the sun.it's just a pain in the *** that you have to jump through these hoops just to be able to charge a monitor battery.

UPDATE: 6 March
Amazon now has the cable from another seller, 2 day Prime delivery, for $8.99. Search for:
STARTRC 15.7 Inch Mavic 2 USB Charging line to CrystalSky USB Cable Cord for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom/CrystalSky HD Screen Charging Cable

This is the one I bought. $3.32 on eBay, took 3 weeks to come from the Philippines. Do an eBay search for:
For DJI MAVIC 2 To CrystalSky Monitor 5.5/7.85in Adapter Charger Charging Cable
and it should come up.

Same adapter from Amazon Prime is $12.99 for two day delivery. Search for:
Crystalsky to Mavic 2 Battery Charging Cable Adapter - Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Battery to CrystalSky Charge Cable Adapter

Cheers

Last edited:
Everybody that purchases a Crystal Sky tablet seems to be upset that a battery charger and mounting bracket are not included. But if you look at the forum discussions over a year old, you will find that most people thought that the Crystal Sky was originally intended to be used for the dji professional drone series. The professional drone owners already had battery chargers that worked with the Crystal Sky charging hub; they didn’t need another duplicate charger. I used my Crystal Sky Ultrabright for several months before dji introduced the mounting bracket for the Mavic Pro (1) and the Spark. The dji mounting brackets include a usb cable that fits into the controller, but I wish the cable was a bit longer so it wouldn’t kink.

Before purchasing a battery charger for your Crystal Sky, you might consider the power requirements for the charging hub. I use a 100 Watt Phantom 4 charger, which is one of the chargers recommenced by dji. If I remember correctly, the 57 Watt Phantom 3 charger is marginal and was not recommended. The Mavic and Spark chargers are only 50 to 60 Watts. You may find that it will take much, much longer to charge your batteries with a charger that cannot supply the recommended current for the charging hub.

The Crystal Sky Ultrabright at 2000 nits has a fantastic bright display that is easily visible in bright sunlight. The Crystal Sky also operates over a wider temperature range than tablets or cellphones. It doesn’t die in the hot sun like many cellphones operating at full brightness. But the Crystal Sky is a mediocre tablet at best. My iPads are faster and more reliable, but you can barely see the display outdoors, and I hate using hoods or sun shields! Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

only the Mavic 2 charger is compatible. the Mavic Pro and Air chargers are not.

no, a charger is *not* included. what is included is a battery dock or charging cradle.

What I meant is that they should have with no question included a complete changing system with their monitors.

and then the people who were forced to buy a power supply that they don't need because they already had one would be complaining. the situation is made perfectly clear to purchasers, you need to have a compatible power supply, which means you may need to purchase one.

Rambling on I know, so sorry. I really wanted one for my mpp and it just pisses me off.

rambling on is that is. can we please put this subject to death once and for all? IT DOESN'T COME WITH A POWER SUPPLY. DEAL WITH IT.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT and j.r.r.
only the Mavic 2 charger is compatible. the Mavic Pro and Air chargers are not.

no, a charger is *not* included. what is included is a battery dock or charging cradle.

and then the people who were forced to buy a power supply that they don't need because they already had one would be complaining. the situation is made perfectly clear to purchasers, you need to have a compatible power supply, which means you may need to purchase one.

rambling on is that is. can we please put this subject to death once and for all? IT DOESN'T COME WITH A POWER SUPPLY. DEAL WITH IT.
Until they decide to include a charger with their monitors which they probably won't, there will be people like me that think it's ridiculous and they want a charger included with the batteryized electronic devices they purchase. So it may never die. Live with it.

that's fine. think what you like. just go and do it somewhere else.

Last I checked "Freedom of Speech" is still on the Bill of Rights. I do what I want, when I want, where I want. Furthermore, I did not ask for your opinion. Because of the rudeness of your first post, I do not value your opinion.

I'm very surprised the Chicoms have not come up with an adapter cable for the Pro and Air like they have for the Mavic 2.

Last I checked "Freedom of Speech" is still on the Bill of Rights.

the world is not ruled by America. nor does freedom of speech guarantee an audience, or that an audience won't tell you when you're wrong in response.

I do what I want, when I want, where I want.

fortunately, technology has granted us a nice feature that means we don't have to listen to you in the process. it's here.

Furthermore, I did not ask for your opinion. Because of the rudeness of your first post, I do not value your opinion.

that's a matter of poor judgement on your part, but based on the value of what you've been posting this does not come as a particular surprise.

Reactions: j.r.r.
I'm very surprised the Chicoms have not come up with an adapter cable for the Pro and Air like they have for the Mavic 2.

this has been done to death. it's not a matter of a simple cable. the voltage is incorrect. the required DC to DC converter would cost as much as just buying the required AC power supply, which is no more cost than it would be if it was included with the CS from the factory anyway.

the world is not ruled by America. nor does freedom of speech guarantee an audience, or that an audience won't tell you when you're wrong in response.

fortunately, technology has granted us a nice feature that means we don't have to listen to you in the process. it's here.

that's a matter of poor judgement on your part, but based on the value of what you've been posting this does not come as a particular surprise.
You are not worth wasting my time on. I don't need to bother with you anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE