DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I know this has probably been beat to death...

Corey

Reactions
Hey everyone. New drone owner and new guy on the forums. I want to get a CrystalSky for my Mavic Pro Platinum and I'm fully aware of the monitor not coming with a charger. I'm aware of the chargers that are compatible as well, BUT most of them don't come with a AC cable. I ordered a Phantom 4 Pro 100w charger (obsidian cause I didn't want white) and was wondering if the 100w AC cable for the Inspire 1 is compatible? It looks like all the ports and connectors are compatible from pictures, but I just want to be 100% sure.

EDIT...

I also have the Advanced battery charger. Will I be able to charge my CrystalSky, use the Advanced charger, and charge my remote control with just the Phantom 4 Pro charger? I didn't see a USB port from any of the pictures.

Thanks! Corey

Last edited:
you can connect your USB cable to the port on the side of the CS charger dock no problems. a 100W power supply should do fine.
Thanks for the response. So the CrystalSky has a USB port to plug in the remote control? Good to know. My overall goal was to only need one charger and AC cable to charge batteries, remote control, and monitor. It took a little bit to actually find a black Phantom 4 Pro charger at a decent price, but it's worth it to me not having a white charger. I have everything I need now, but will be ordering the CrystalSky on Monday. Thanks for your help. [emoji106]

the CS uses an external battery. you charge it in a dock, which is what the barrel plug on the Phantom charger plugs into. the dock also has a USB output, which you can in turn use to charge the RC.

you will still need a separate charger for the AC batteries, advanced dock or not. the Mavic Pro chargers do not interface with the CS at all, and vice versa.

the CS uses an external battery. you charge it in a dock, which is what the barrel plug on the Phantom charger plugs into. the dock also has a USB output, which you can in turn use to charge the RC.

you will still need a separate charger for the AC batteries, advanced dock or not. the Mavic Pro chargers do not interface with the CS at all, and vice versa.

AC batteries? I think I have it all covered. The Phantom 4 Pro charger has the barrel plug got the CS batteries, the plug for the Advanced charger, and the USB for the remote control. Is there something else I'm missing? Thanks for the help.

I wonder if there is a similar cable for Mavic Pro. I searched Google but looks like this solution is only available for Mavic 2. Anybody know if this cable will work with MP? Since M2P and MP use different batteries the cable won't be compatible. Thanks!

Hey everyone. New drone owner and new guy on the forums. I want to get a CrystalSky for my Mavic Pro Platinum and I'm fully aware of the monitor not coming with a charger. I'm aware of the chargers that are compatible as well, BUT most of them don't come with a AC cable. I ordered a Phantom 4 Pro 100w charger (obsidian cause I didn't want white) and was wondering if the 100w AC cable for the Inspire 1 is compatible? It looks like all the ports and connectors are compatible from pictures, but I just want to be 100% sure.

EDIT...

I also have the Advanced battery charger. Will I be able to charge my CrystalSky, use the Advanced charger, and charge my remote control with just the Phantom 4 Pro charger? I didn't see a USB port from any of the pictures.

Thanks! Corey
Hi Corey, I have a 5.5 CS for sale with a new polarPro mount. The CS is in mint condition used about 6 times, selling because I upgraded to the 7.8 CS. Will pay shipping for lower 48, $465.00

Hi Corey, I have a 5.5 CS for sale with a new polarPro mount. The CS is in mint condition used about 6 times, selling because I upgraded to the 7.8 CS. Will pay shipping for lower 48, $465.00
I already have a Mavmount 3.0 sitting here. Was gonna order the CrystalSky Friday, but Advexure didn't answer the phone or call me back in time. $465 is pretty much what they cost new, but I understand you're selling a mount with it as well.

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
I already have a Mavmount 3.0 sitting here. Was gonna order the CrystalSky Friday, but Advexure didn't answer the phone or call me back in time. $465 is pretty much what they cost new, but I understand you're selling a mount with it as well.

mod that CS monitor onto a Mavmount3.0 soo u can fly ur drone comfortable & use the QR-bracket as it was meant to be used with CS's heres a pic of my mod...IMG_4331.JPGIMG_4345.JPGIMG_4323.JPGIMG_4333.JPGIMG_4295.JPGIMG_4282.JPGIMG_4308.JPGView attachment 59937

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
Looks interesting. So you took the ball mount off and replaced it with the DJI mount? Do I have that right?
what do you mean you do have that right? you buy it, you do what you want with it! its yours! I don't understand you or your question,do you have that right? really? u aint breakin any laws my friend....

what do you mean you do have that right? you buy it, you do what you want with it! its yours! I don't understand you or your question,do you have that right? really? u aint breakin any laws my friend....

He was basically asking if he understood the procedure correctly, not if he had the right to do it.

Looks interesting. So you took the ball mount off and replaced it with the DJI mount? Do I have that right?
My apologies, I misunderstood your reply! yes I removed the ballhead mount & replaced it With the DJI crystalsky bracket,Drilled & tapped a 6 mm hex bolt To the front then i drilled &tapped The rear to anchor the bracket with the anchor set screw using an eye screw,also used on top of two deadbolt -door brackets used as spacers to raise the mount up a bit giving me perfect height clearance to use the controller sticks... also used Blue Locktite... The mount is solid as a rock and will not budge or come loose fits perfectly into the mavmount while onto the controller...! I just wish mavmount would come up with a plate design to accommodate this type of mod would boost some sales...!

Reactions: Grimrpr13 and Corey
I saw this (see link below) posted on MavicPilots by a fellow member who makes them and sells them on eBay for $29.99. I tried a mavmount 3.0 for CS, a PolarPro for CS and a a Skyreat mount. None have the balance of this combination, none disassemble and pack like this option and none are as solid in your hands as this combination. It is quite simple and truly the very best way to mount an 8.75 inch CrystalSky Monitor on your Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom controller.

DJI Crystalsky Mounting Bracket Mavic Pro 2 Zoom Air Spark Remote A Plus Drone | eBay

Reactions: Corey
here is a working link:

Code:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233001000274

not really a bracket, it's a baseplate for the DJI bracket. not bad though, and reasonably priced.

Reactions: Corey
My link worked to start with, sorry about that folks. But after trying all the other methods for mounting a CS this is the best I could find.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan