DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I left my controller on in my car will it auto shut off

Verdrone

Reactions
I was updating my drone before work and I realized that I think I left the controller on I know we'll start beeping but will it auto shut off

Reactions: Droniac
I was updating my drone before work and I realized that I think I left the controller on I know we'll start beeping but will it auto shut off
Not sure, but why not just go back to your car and shut it off?

I'm planning to take some pictures right after work, just worried that it's going to be dead. Thanks
No problem. I'm not sure if it's something you have to set up so I might be wrong. Hopefully, it shuts down automatically.

Reactions: Droniac
"will it auto shut off", I think it is likely that it will.
From memory, if left unused, the controllers of the Phantom 3, Mavic Mini, Mavic 2 P/Z do and the controller for the FPV does (just tested the latter).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure the Mini 2 and Air 2S controllers are identical. I haven't left mine on long enough for it to power itself off. But I also don't think the controller battery discharges all that fast if you aren't actively using it.

You should prepare for it to be dead,
I left my SC on and when i came back hours latter I was down to 1 bar.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
The SC is likely different. My Mini 2 controller powers off if I go to the bathroom and come back. So long as it's not connected to the drone.

You should prepare for it to be dead,
I left my SC on and when i came back hours latter I was down to 1 bar.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Yeah or drained enough to be really careful with RTH settings.
Don’t you have a small power bank you can take in and pop the controller onto charge first thing in the morning, ready for after work ?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yeah or drained enough to be really careful with RTH settings.
Don’t you have a small power bank you can take in and pop the controller onto charge first thing in the morning, ready for after work ?
Or maybe charge in the car.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial