DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I live near a small airport and it shows no restrictions in B4UFLY, KittyHawk, AirMap...

KVNC is a class E airport and does not have a tower. Class E airports are controlled from 700' above ground level (AGL) or 1200' AGL up to 17,999' MSL; KVNC controlled airspace begins at 700' AGL. As long as you don't fly above 699' (AGL), you are allowed to fly in that area.

I would make sure you have a radio capable of listening in on 122.725 to make sure you don't interfere with any incoming/outgoing manned aircraft; they always have the right of way.
This is literally a part 107 question lol

I too live near that airport and restriction near there interest me. DJI blocks a lots of areas even vaguely in the area. On one hand I suspect I could hover at the runway intersection legally but for my inability to participate in UNICOM. The Circus Bridge is within sight of the runway end with planes several hundred feet up at that location. The mission I would like to fly would be at about 50' to slow motion film boats going under the drawbridge. An aircraft at that altitude would be seconds from a crash and whacking my drone would not change a thing.
Keep hoping part 107 certification could led to a more rational approach.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest